Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms

If you are planning to pick up Destiny, which console will you be playing on?

Xbox 360
9%
Xbox One
6%
PS3
3%
PS4
82%

Total votes : 33
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Bungie's Destiny - Racketboy Meetups

by Fragems Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:37 pm

emwearz wrote:How are you Raiding at 23? Seems wicked low, does it even let you access the VoG at 23?

Pretty sure the two expansions will be all Destiny gets as the stand alone expansion, Comet, will be released some time later next year. I am not sure if it is cheaper or how it will work for original Destiny owners as it has not been revealed. (Comet itself has not officially been revealed, just from leaked information that has come true so far).

Now that I think of it I haven't played VoG yet but it did recently unlock. Think it gave me the unlock notification message at lvl 22.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:40 pm

I thought 25 was the unlock, it might have changed.

You really want to be level 27 or 28 before you have a go at the VoG Normal mode and 29/30 before Hard (though most people are such a higher level you can be carried through a lot of it now I am sure).

There are massive debuffs of I think 20% per level on the raids, so I doubt you would actually do any damage at your current level.

Just buy some gear from your class vanguard dealer in the tower, it is so high level now it pretty much will get you instantly ready for the raid.

Once you are ready, best place to find parties is DestinyLFG,

http://www.destinylfg.com/
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Okay. I'll bite. I need my co-op fix. Overnighted the game so it'll be here before I move out tomorrow evening. :lol:

Anything I should know before diving in? Should I buy the expansion right away or can that wait? What's the scoop.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:13 pm

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Okay. I'll bite. I need my co-op fix. Overnighted the game so it'll be here before I move out tomorrow evening. :lol:

Anything I should know before diving in? Should I buy the expansion right away or can that wait? What's the scoop.

I'm up for playing with n00bs, shoot me a PM or something when you are ready to go.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Ryan, what system are you playing on?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:33 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:Ryan, what system are you playing on?

PS4.

SB, keep an eye out for a deal on Destiny on PS3. I'd love to play with you and my brother again, but I am waiting for the game to be cheap enough to justify a second copy. When that happens (say, sub-$25 or so) I...and my brother, most likely, are in!
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:00 pm

dsheinem wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:Ryan, what system are you playing on?

PS4.

SB, keep an eye out for a deal on Destiny on PS3. I'd love to play with you and my brother again, but I am waiting for the game to be cheap enough to justify a second copy. When that happens (say, sub-$25 or so) I...and my brother, most likely, are in!

Sweet. I've been soloing everything, just finished the sword of what's his name... That took a couple hours, it was fun but burned me out for a while. Playing this with others would be awesome.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Sano
Next-Gen

by Sano Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:39 pm

I play Destiny on PS4. My PSN is SanoGTX. Add me if you want! :mrgreen:
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

by Frag Mortuus Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Hey guys,

I have been consumed with Destiny since my wife bought it for me for Christmas. Is anyone on here still playing? I have a clan I run around with, but they seem to have smaller inner cliques so I often get left out of Raids. I have approximately 140 hours in the game, but I have only completed 2 Raids. I'm looking for some new guys to Raid or just run Strikes with.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Anyone who is still playing Destiny (I am and loving it, though the new pricing in Australia for the DLC is $70AUD, about $55USD, is CRAZY) should give this a read. Shit is hitting the fan.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-destiny-the-taken-king-director-defends-40-expansion-price-tag

Some choice exerts.

Eurogamer: Taken King costs £39.99, which is almost same as base game. Does its content justify that?

Luke Smith: I'm going to use American dollars, because British pounds are just foreign to me...

Eurogamer: Can you see that some fans are confused that you're asking them to buy stuff they already own?

Luke Smith: Yeah, I can totally empathise with those people. But the Collector's Edition is a pretty cool package for people who want to pursue that stuff. Otherwise, surely what you're saying is that you would want to buy them separately, right?

Eurogamer: Well, yeah. I would rather do that - pay a few pounds or dollars or whatever - than spend money on things I already own.

Luke Smith: [Laughs] Well, we have nothing more to talk about regarding your opportunity to spend extra money in Destiny, other than The Taken King and the three versions we've announced.

Luke Smith: If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen.
Return to Sony and Microsoft