Playing the entire Metal Gear Saga!

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

Playing the entire Metal Gear Saga!

Post by Frag Mortuus »

So, in light of MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing next week, I have decided to play through the entire saga. Previously I have only played through MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4. So now my plan is to play through, in order:

MGS3
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS V: Ground Zeroes
MG
MG2
MGS1
MGS2
MGS4
MGR: Revengeance

Now, I know that Revengeance isn't part of the Metal Gear saga, but I want to play it anyway.

Has anyone on here ever done this?
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Playing the entire Metal Gear Saga!

Post by isiolia »

I started on this last month with Together Retro (I played the MSX games first, then went back to start with MGS3), and I'm currently playing Revengeance after having finished the rest of them (minus Ground Zeroes of course).
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Playing through MGS1 on PSN, since i just bought the Legacy Collection on PS3, all games are on disc except MGS1 and VR missions.

Just got done with
Cyborg Ninja (Gray Fox)
Last edited by Hazerd on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

:P
DUDE! SPOILERS! :lol:
Last edited by Stark on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Stark wrote:
Hazerd wrote:Playing through MGS1 on PSN, since i just bought the Legacy Collection on PS3, all games are on disc except MGS1 and VR missions.

Just got done with
Cyborg Ninja (Gray Fox).

DUDE! SPOILERS! :lol:

:mrgreen:

Now it's all on you!
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Wish that you posted in my Prequels Thread. I felt like a git when nearly everyone said they would go in release date order. :lol:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I had a bit of a marathon with the series myself last year. Hit up the HD collection for MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker, then got to MGS4, and finally Rising. It was my first time playing MGS4 by myself so that was cool, first time through Peace Walker, and yeah.

I meant to get to the originals and MGS1, but I guess I got a little burned out haha. But I've replayed MGS1 dozens of times throughout the years anyways, I know that one pretty well.

MGS1 and MGS2 are my favorites. Yeah, I said MGS2 haha. I just really dug the linear, fixed camera design these ones had. They're almost like... more arcade like. You can practically play them by looking at the radar alone. Which is cool with me.

But overall yeah, love the series to death.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

You played MGS 1 2 and 4? That's literally skipping the best one in the series! :lol:
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

Post by Frag Mortuus »

MrEco wrote:You played MGS 1 2 and 4? That's literally skipping the best one in the series! :lol:

I've never really cared for 3. But, I'm giving it a proper go this time. I'm at The End's fight now and I will admit that I like it more this time around. My biggest gripes with the Big Boss games is the lack of a proper radar. I understand that it's due to the time frame of the games and that a fully functional radar wouldn't make sense, but it still bugs me.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I didn't think all that much of 3 from the amount I'd played it previously either (prior to playing through the HD edition last month), but I think it just starts a little slow (or takes time to get used to). At this point, I'd say it's the best in the series.