Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Post by Gamerforlife »

There seriously isn't a thread for this game? Well there is now. I am having a blast with this game. The combat is simple and intuitive, kind of like Sleeping Dogs. I love how NPCs will get involved at times. I've even had guards complete ignore me after seeing a bunch of nearby pirates and get into a fight with them. I love how you can fight dirty too, like shooting a guard running in at you with a sword, dropping a smoke grenade and killing three guys as they're disoriented, grabbing a goon and using him as a human shield when some guy tries to shoot you, it's fun stuff. The ship based stuff, which I've just recently starting playing around with is fascinating. The story seems pretty solid so far. It definitely hits all the right notes for pirate fans. The soundtrack is awesome. That theme that plays at the title screen is so good I just leave the game right there sometimes and crank up the volume.

I love the way they handled the open world/sandbox stuff. It's so easy to find collectibles because the game is so good at keeping you informed about where stuff is on the map. The stealth mechanics all work really well. The platforming is simple and intuitive. The fast travelling is great. Everything in this game just works and it's addicting as hell just doing side activities to work my way up to 100% as well as upgrade my character. The game just nails the whole pirate vibe too.

I always just kind of ignored the Assassin's Creed series, only reason I got this game is because I needed some games to play on my new Playstation 4 and there's slim pickings right now. I'm so glad I did. It's awesome, and I get now why this series is popular
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Post by ZenErik »

I got it because it was free with my GPU. Pretty fun. Hoping for a pirate spinoff. Too many eavesdrop/follow missions for my tastes. But I'll still consider whatever the next AC game is too.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

After ACIII I like many have developed franchise fatigue. I'll get around to it next year when it's on (further) sale, or borrow it from someone. I might give the Android offshoot a spin till then.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

It's the first AC game I have really gotten into. I like it a lot. I have two copies of it, one on PC and the other on Wii (grandparents got me it). Good fun on either platform really. I could just sail around looking at things all day, the game is beautiful. The combat in the game feels just so dated at this point. I don't like that at all. Luckily, you usually have the option of being sneaky so I just avoid the combat all together when I can.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Duke.Togo
128-bit

Post by Duke.Togo »

I've never played an AC game before, but a friend kept raving about this one so I picked it up. I have to say it is a fantastic game, and I really enjoy the open world exploration and the ship combat. This game has a ton of content, and the companion app is really well done. I would highly recommend people check this one out.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

It's alright. My first experience of Assassins Creed was the third game on the Wii U, which I honestly found really boring. Black Flag, however, is a far better game. It's much more exciting and the missions are more fun. I'm not really a huge fan of the boat sections/missions though. Sailing the boat and trying to sink other ships isn't my cup of tea.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Finished the game last night (only the story, as the sidequests are boring), have to say I enjoyed it despite its lack of challenge or lack of charming antagonists. I still believe that no AC game is going to captivate me the same way AC II and Brotherhood did.

Assassin's Creed now is a sanbox interactive movie franchise, if such a thing has any right to exist.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image