The PS4 thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: The PS4 thread

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah I wasn't really pointing fingers at anyone here, just things I've heard a lot over the years heh.

I was a big fan of both the Xbox and 360, but I sadly can't get behind the X1. I'll get one someday down the road though.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

While I don't currently own a PS4, the library of RPGs, indies, and other unique games has me very interested. This system truly seems like a throwback to the days when the RPG was king, and looking at the release schedule for the PS4, this trend is continuing in a big way.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Japanese games are on the upswing again!
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

The only place you are going to find exclusive in mass quantities is on the PS4. As long as you keep it to consoles only. They are killing everyone. With Limited Run games and other companies making physical copies and Europe getting physical copies and no region locking you are seeing so much more than anywhere else.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

So I bought that Gold PS4 and I'm setting it up this weekend. I also just saw the special $99 year long promotion for PS Now. As someone who didn't own a PS3 or 360 and just got a PS4 would this be a good way to go? It seems to have a lot of the good stuff I missed out on as well as new PS4 offerings. Has anyone tried this service and did you like it? Does it work well or have any annoying hiccups?
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

From numerous things I've heard on podcasts I wouldn't recommend it at all. You're better off renting/buying games. We're still not quite at that level to stream games efficiently. Granted maybe someone here has used it and likes it, but I can't recall hearing any positives.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Yep - unlike the Xbox program that downloads the fame to your system , PS Now is all streaming. I'd pass
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Ok, thank you. I've been enjoying the PS4 so far between Song of the Deep and Diablo III. Both are games I've wanted to play but with neither coming to Nintendo it wasn't going to happen. I had a friend borrow me Fallout 4 and I picked up Borderlands 1 and 2 for $15. It's been a solid purchase so far.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Sonic Generations was a nightmare for me on PSNow. I started thinking the problem was the game itself. Jumping was such a hassle as Sonic would jump a second after I hit the jump button, and I ran into other issues that I didn't notice when I decided to go and play the game on Xbox 360 (digital version). It just doesn't perform well on PSNow and that makes the game feel significantly harder than I think it is intended to be.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Pretty much never hear me praise Sony outside of their handhelds. While I do own all their systems. I'm still not their biggest fan ESP of most their first party. So with that said. PS4 has become one of my fave consoles ever. First time since Dreamcast has a system done that. Sure I like and even love some home consoles since but PS4 with so many smaller developers games,niche games,Japanese games,indies and such. It really does feel like a console from the 90s with HD visuals.