The PS4 thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: The PS4 thread

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

wclem wrote:The only place you are going to find exclusive in mass quantities is on the PS4. As long as you keep it to consoles only.

Don't forget Switch. With Nintendo's wealth of first party IPs, they always have stacks of exclusives.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
wclem wrote:The only place you are going to find exclusive in mass quantities is on the PS4. As long as you keep it to consoles only.

Don't forget Switch. With Nintendo's wealth of first party IPs, they always have stacks of exclusives.

So right Elkin. Even if their third party support doesn't materialize, and when it does it's sometimes exclusive as well, they will always have lots of first and second party exclusives on any console and handheld.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

:D Play Asia just charged me for Wonder Boy & The Dragon's Trap. Should be be here by the 27th! IT'S HAPPENING!
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I don’t understand how last year at E3 the PS4 was given a limited time price drop to $250 and this year it’s just an ugly blue/gold limited edition console still at $300. How is this thing not down in price yet? I’ve been holding out for that $250 price point
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Bruh you crazy, that blue and gold LE is classy af.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Haha. The only uglier PS4s are these ones at a pawn shop in town where they spray paint them red with the KC Chiefs logo.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

It's a little on the garish side, but it's thematic, and preferable to logos for a specific game I think.

They -are- doing a $50 price drop on the Pro though, and in the absence of a game bundle that'd probably be the way to go anyway.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Yeah I saw the Pro price drop. I just have no reason to get that. I don’t have a 4K tv and I have no plans on getting a new tv until mine breaks.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

While PS4 Pro enhanced stuff does often target 4k/HDR displays, developers can (and have) offered improvements at 1080p as well. For instance, the Shadow of the Colossus remaster can be set to run at 1080p/60 on a Pro, where it's 1080p/30 on a standard system. A PS4 Pro will also maintain a higher resolution in games that scale it to maintain framerate (Nioh in performance mode, DOOM, etc).
The system also has a supersampling mode (which you can toggle).

I don't have a 4k TV/etc yet either, but if I was in the market for a PS4 today, I'd buy the Pro for $50 more. It's less of a clear-cut thing if/when the standard PS4 is bundling software and other discounts, as has been the case at times.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I find that I don't play my PS4 enough to really care to get a PS4 Pro. I'm also hoping that the next system will be backwards-compatible; assuming they stick with a PC architecture, there's no reason it shouldn't be. I'm also not really in a hurry for them to get the PS5 out.