Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Flake
Moderator
 
Posts: 7988
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:27 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by Flake Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 am

Well...things are looking good for Nintendo now. Sony execs are high fiving each other gleefully.

It's now or never, Sega.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:18 pm
Location: In my own little world...

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by elmagicochrisg Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:23 am

Image
Image

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
User avatar
CamaroCam
16-bit
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:25 am
Location: Redneck, Tennessee

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by CamaroCam Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Oh no!!! The term Xbox will lose all meaning:

"I have a great collection of Xbox games."

"No, you don't. The system isn't even out yet!"

"I was referring to the old Xbox."

"The 360?"

<kills self>



prfsnl_gmr wrote:
deathsled wrote:Hey at least it's not xbox 720. I was so tired of hearing that name. Anyone who actually thought the next xbox would be called the 720 is an idiot.


I was hoping for:

Microsoft Video Computer System
Microsoft Master System
Super Microsoft Entertainment Sytem
Microcast
Microsoft 7800
Microsoft Color Computer
Microsoft CD
Microcade

and also

Tiger Han-Held Elctronics Presents: The Microsoft Xbox


:lol: :lol: :lol:
My Collection: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42452
------------------------
Image
User avatar
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10585
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks. Ack and I eventually settled on the Microsoft Pippin...Keep your fingers crossed.
User avatar
jinx
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 am
Location: Austin

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by jinx Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 am

elmagicochrisg wrote:Image

I lol'd so hard...
Image
User avatar
Retrodude
128-bit
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 pm
Location: The Middle Of Nowhere

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by Retrodude Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 am

jinx wrote:I lol'd so hard...


So did I, until the end. What is it with all this Nintendo hate? I've had to put up with this crap since the original Xbox was out.
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
AppleQueso
 

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by AppleQueso Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:34 am

Retrodude wrote:
jinx wrote:I lol'd so hard...


So did I, until the end. What is it with all this Nintendo hate? I've had to put up with this crap since the original Xbox was out.


Nintendo simply hasn't had a strong 3rd party lineup since the SNES. You buy them for Nintendo games, and supplement them with another major console. On their own, there's a lot to be desired...

I'm a pretty big Nintendo fan too.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by Stark Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:37 am

AppleQueso wrote:
Retrodude wrote:
jinx wrote:I lol'd so hard...


So did I, until the end. What is it with all this Nintendo hate? I've had to put up with this crap since the original Xbox was out.


Nintendo simply hasn't had a strong 3rd party lineup since the SNES. You buy them for Nintendo games, and supplement them with another major console. On their own, there's a lot to be desired...

I'm a pretty big Nintendo fan too.

Also, it's just WiiU that is singled out and really what reason is there to own a WiiU right now? Dislaimer: I own a WiiU.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Retrodude
128-bit
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 pm
Location: The Middle Of Nowhere

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by Retrodude Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am

Stark wrote:what reason is there to own a WiiU right now?


Nintendo Land, ZombieU, New Super Mario Bros. U. That'd be enough for me, if I could afford to get one.
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
AppleQueso
 

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by AppleQueso Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:49 am

Retrodude wrote:
Stark wrote:what reason is there to own a WiiU right now?


Nintendo Land, ZombieU, New Super Mario Bros. U. That'd be enough for me, if I could afford to get one.

I personally need way more than 3 interesting games to jump on board a console, especially at the price point that most consoles sit at this point in their life.

I've got no doubt that the Wii U will eventually have a nice enough library of interesting exclusives for me to want to pick one up, but at its current library and price? I'll wait.
Return to Sony and Microsoft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests