Xbox One

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Re: Xbox One

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Bought my first Xbone on the black Friday deal.. What a shit show. The deal on the MS store was too good to pass up. Bought a 1TB Mincraft edition.. waited two days.. super loud grindy fan. Returned it. Got another. Grindy as fuck fan with an annoying high pitched noise to boot. Returned it. Got another. Grindy as fuck fan with an even louder high pitched noise. Waiting on my fourth. Been almost a month and i still haven't been able to co-op the Master Chief Collection with my brother (Main reason i bought it). Shame to use such a cheap ass non user replaceable fan inside one of the sexiest consoles i've ever held. If the fourth one is grindy i'm just gonna void the warranty and put my own dang fan in it! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

SuperDerpBro wrote:Bought my first Xbone on the black Friday deal.. What a shit show. The deal on the MS store was too good to pass up. Bought a 1TB Mincraft edition.. waited two days.. super loud grindy fan. Returned it. Got another. Grindy as fuck fan with an annoying high pitched noise to boot. Returned it. Got another. Grindy as fuck fan with an even louder high pitched noise. Waiting on my fourth. Been almost a month and i still haven't been able to co-op the Master Chief Collection with my brother (Main reason i bought it). Shame to use such a cheap ass non user replaceable fan inside one of the sexiest consoles i've ever held. If the fourth one is grindy i'm just gonna void the warranty and put my own dang fan in it! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Weird, I have the opposite console with a too loud fan, the PS4. My XB1 is silent.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah my Xbox One is super quiet. It's an S model kept out in the open, and highly ventilated so maybe that helps.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

One X here, whisper quiet and doesn't get so hot you can fry an egg on it like my PS4
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

My launch PS4 is a little loud (not overly) but its that constant kind of loud you get from a quality fan.. that you can forget about while playing.

This is what my 2nd Xbone S sounded like (forgot i made a vid for MS returns to hear).. It was about 3x as loud in real life. And only gets louder when you are in game.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9hKZqSeHCoc96dSJ6

Hard to enjoy a game with constant robot crickets filling the room! lol

The Xbox One X has a totally different fan design. Its like a massive 112mm version of a reference cooler for a video card. And its in the middle of the console not right at the top.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

4th one finally came in yesterday... GRINDY.. AS.. FUCK.. PIECE.. OF.. SHIT.. FAN! W T F?