Xbox One

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox One

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:oh snap, Prey (2006) is now backwards compatible!

Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Metal Gear: Peace Walker is now bc!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

oh, I missed that gif above. So cute haha.

noiseredux wrote:Metal Gear: Peace Walker is now bc!

HEY!! Does anyone have the Metal Gear Solid HD collection on 360? I really need someone to test that the physical version will now work for Peace Walker in Xbox One. I'd like to pick up the physical collection, but I'm not 100% certain that it'll work or if Peace Walker is only backwards compatible digitally.

Plz halp!
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:oh, I missed that gif above. So cute haha.

noiseredux wrote:Metal Gear: Peace Walker is now bc!

HEY!! Does anyone have the Metal Gear Solid HD collection on 360? I really need someone to test that the physical version will now work for Peace Walker in Xbox One. I'd like to pick up the physical collection, but I'm not 100% certain that it'll work or if Peace Walker is only backwards compatible digitally.

Plz halp!

I might actually have that, I was collecting Metal Gear games there for a hot minute. I'll check when I get home.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Stark wrote:I might actually have that, I was collecting Metal Gear games there for a hot minute. I'll check when I get home.

awesome - thanks. Also if it works and you're done collecting them, just give it to me then. :lol:
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I know some original xbox games are compatible with Xbox One but are they downloadable like PSN retro-titles or do you have to own the real physical disc?
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

RCBH928 wrote:I know some original xbox games are compatible with Xbox One but are they downloadable like PSN retro-titles or do you have to own the real physical disc?

Both options are available for all BC oXbox games released thus far.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

RCBH928 wrote:I know some original xbox games are compatible with Xbox One but are they downloadable like PSN retro-titles or do you have to own the real physical disc?

Little of both, in a sense. Like really any XB1 (or PS4) software, the backwards compatible games run off of a full install. Where physical XB1 games can install from the disc, backwards compatible titles are always downloaded. The disc is literally just being used for the license. While it's possible that they might run into games they can't sell new (digital) licenses for too, I suspect they'll prioritize ones they can do that for first.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

MS announced the Adaptive Controller for the Xbox One, which Arstechnica now has a nice article up about . It's more or less a base with a few controls, and ports to plug in the rest of the controller features. Seems like it'll make it much easier for those with limited mobility to rig up a controller that works for them (which is the point) - though I can easily see people using it as the base to build immersive controllers with as well.

Not sure this type of product has ever seen this sort of mainstream release, but it's cool to see either way.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Has the interface always been a mess? YEESH too me 2 hours to get the hang of it and just about that long to actually be playing anything.
Devil May Cry V Demo looks amazing though. whew.
Downloading most of my old XBOX 360 games now, played Panzer Dragoon Orta for the first time in years and was blown away.

I'm liking my one X but I don't see it replacing my Switch and I don't think I'm done with PS4 either.