Xbox One

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

Post by elmagicochrisg »

AppleQueso wrote:I've got no doubt that the Wii U will eventually have a nice enough library of interesting exclusives for me to want to pick one up, but at its current library and price? I'll wait.

Same as the original Wii. Well worth your money, but not just yet...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I feel like the WiiU has been worth it to me already. I enjoy the system a lot. If I didn't have a competent PC though, it probably would leave something to be desired. I've put over 120 hours on the console so far. February is the only month I didn't use it for anything. Of course, nothing came out in February either.

So I guess I agree, at least right now, it's best as a supplementary system.

I'm really interested to see how the rest of this year goes with the other two consoles coming out. I don't think WiiU will be the only system with an adoption and games problem at launch in this generation frankly. I guess we'll see.

I'm pretty set on getting a PS4 at launch. I always have to at least play the next Gran Turismo on PlayStation consoles. It's pretty much a tradition. :lol:

I don't really see any reason to buy the new Xbox. Granted we don't know much about it. However, Microsoft's performance over the last few years has convinced me they care less about gaming and more about video streaming and Kinect.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

Retrodude wrote:
Stark wrote:what reason is there to own a WiiU right now?

Nintendo Land, ZombieU, New Super Mario Bros. U. That'd be enough for me, if I could afford to get one.

Nintendo Land, really? There's like two decent mini games in it.

I would scratch that out and put Monster Hunter for sure.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

MH3U is the only WiiU game I own right now. And I play the 3DS version 99.9% of the time.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

For me the nextbox is the PS4
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

I wonder if Microsoft will give us some "XBOX" vs "Xbox" type of argument. No no, our first console was "XBOX" not "Xbox", come on guys.

And it's been mentioned by a few ex-Xbox employees that the culture in the Xbox department at Microsoft is very "bro gamer" oriented, and they spent a lot of capital using Nintendo's image against them when they launched the Xbox ... I'd argue that and when Sony did the exact same thing when the PS1 came out, are where most of that attitude comes from. At least to the extreme degrees we're seeing now, where it just doesn't make sense.
Retrodude
128-bit

Post by Retrodude »

Cronozilla wrote:And it's been mentioned by a few ex-Xbox employees that the culture in the Xbox department at Microsoft is very "bro gamer" oriented, and they spent a lot of capital using Nintendo's image against them when they launched the Xbox ... I'd argue that and when Sony did the exact same thing when the PS1 came out, are where most of that attitude comes from. At least to the extreme degrees we're seeing now, where it just doesn't make sense.

Exactly. I'm sorry, I like Nintendo and I am getting sick and tired of "bro gamers" bashing Nintendo just because they think that makes them cool. It doesn't. I never considered them real gamers anyway because if gaming suddenly became thought of as uncool, they would drop it like a hot potato and then make fun of gamers and deny they had ever been such, again, because they'd think it was the cool thing to do.
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Oh, cool, the Bro Gamer thing again. Time to fap to us all feeling like real gamers
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Oh, cool, the Bro Gamer thing again. Time to fap to us all feeling like real gamers

I was fapping to being a real gamer before it was cool.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Whatever it is you are talking about, I can assure you that I was doing it the first time it was cool, kept doing it when it was uncool, am still doing it even though it is cool again, and will keep doing it when it is once again uncool (and if it is cool again after that, I will keep doing it, but if it becomes uncool after that, then I will stop for a bit, but start again right before it becomes cool again, then I will stop forever and do something else).