Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Ack

Re: New Xbox releases in Nov. Will be called "Xbox"

by Ack Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:13 pm

TheSonicRetard wrote:
Ack wrote:But the idea of a $99 Xbox 360 sounds nice. I might buy one just to have a way to play the few 360 games I own, though I am still concerned about hardware failure.

According to most of the rumors surrounding this $99 xbox, it will lack the ability to play games. It's being sold as a $99 Xbox media player. So, like a Roku box, but with Xbox live.

I thought the article posted mentioned that idea as a separate machine but said the idea had been discontinued.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:26 pm

wclem wrote:Always on, forget it. Bet you this is there last console. Force crap on me, nah. PS4 only next gen.

PC only next gen.

wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:39 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:
wclem wrote:Always on, forget it. Bet you this is there last console. Force crap on me, nah. PS4 only next gen.

PC only next gen.

Kickin ass.....screw the names LOL
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Krejlooc
128-bit

by Krejlooc Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Ack wrote:
TheSonicRetard wrote:
Ack wrote:But the idea of a $99 Xbox 360 sounds nice. I might buy one just to have a way to play the few 360 games I own, though I am still concerned about hardware failure.

According to most of the rumors surrounding this $99 xbox, it will lack the ability to play games. It's being sold as a $99 Xbox media player. So, like a Roku box, but with Xbox live.

I thought the article posted mentioned that idea as a separate machine but said the idea had been discontinued.

I think you misread:

The other machine is a new budget-priced Xbox 360 model, code-named "Stingray". Due for release later this year, the device will cost just $99 (£65). Thurrot suggested this may mean Microsoft's new Xbox would not play Xbox 360 games.
Ack

by Ack Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 pm

TheSonicRetard wrote:
Thurrot suggested this may mean Microsoft's new Xbox would not play Xbox 360 games.

Yeah, I thought that meant that the new device that Microsoft was launching called Xbox would not play Xbox 360 games, but the Stingray device would. Microsoft's naming structure is what is causing our confusion.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Ack wrote:
TheSonicRetard wrote:
Thurrot suggested this may mean Microsoft's new Xbox would not play Xbox 360 games.

Yeah, I thought that meant that the new device that Microsoft was launching called Xbox would not play Xbox 360 games, but the Stingray device would. Microsoft's naming structure is what is causing our confusion.

If only they went with "Pippin"...
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Ack wrote:I see it's a good time to be a Sony fanboy. At least they can tell their consoles apart.

But the idea of a $99 Xbox 360 sounds nice. I might buy one just to have a way to play the few 360 games I own, though I am still concerned about hardware failure.

I have the MW2 Xbox 360, that has to be 4-5 years old now with thousands of hours played on it (12 hrs a day for 2 years straight at one point). Things a beast I wonder if its just this model?
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Sounds iffy to me.

But if it turns out to be true then I'll laugh. PS4 is looking better and better...
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 pm

There's not a whole lot we know about Ps4 at this stage either (though we know more about it than we do this Xbox). I wouldn't be scrambling for it just yet...
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm

AppleQueso wrote:There's not a whole lot we know about Ps4 at this stage either (though we know more about it than we do this Xbox). I wouldn't be scrambling for it just yet...

Eh, not scrambling for it. But the specs look pretty impressive, I've seen nothing interesting on the Wii U, and heard nothing but bad news for the new Xbox.

Also, of course, past experience has shown me that I always end up liking the Sony consoles more than anything else in it's generation.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Return to Sony and Microsoft