Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3/PS4/PC)

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Opa Opa

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3/PS4/PC)

Post by Opa Opa »

If the subscription was more flexible (i.e. you only use up your paid time when you're actually playing) then I probably would have stayed subscribed.

I just hate the feeling of having to play the game to get the enjoyment I paid for... if that makes sense...

In any case, I fully support your Offline FF XI suggestion in the other thread. I'd buy two!
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Generally, yeah, I get that. I'm mostly the same - I don't mind paying a subscription for something I'm actively playing, but if I'm not logging in, I'm not going to keep it active. Then there's that wall there for reactivation.

I think more exploration of the model SWTOR has used would be warranted - can keep logging in for free, with solid benefits to paying if you're really actively playing. 'course, I came to loathe the actual content in that game well before level cap. The combat just sucks so, so much. :lol:

In a way, I wish ARR appealed to me more, as that's where the remnants of my FFXI LS still are. I just really don't care for doing stuff with people I don't know, and XIV's content is too rigidly designed to let me get around that.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I know this game isn't very popular here but just wanted to say I've still been playing. Did pretty well with the newest raid tier. Went hardcore for once and got world first for every boss. Pretty neat! It's a lot more fun than the previous raid tier.

It's been 1 1/2 months since the first clear so nothing too new or exciting now. But here's a video from my pov if you're interested in what it was like at the time.

https://youtu.be/C9qovDVwugw
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo