Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Re: Mega Man X series post MMX3- Are they worth playing?

by GameMasterGuy Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:04 pm

The Japanese ones were pretty good, however:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w1b8akChGQ
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:08 pm

It's funny that while everyone acknowledges the awful voice acting in MM X 4 there are people who actually like the equally awful voice acting in the original North American version of Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Double standards? That's why I have such great appreciation for the inclusion of the Japanese voice track in the PSP version on Dracula X Chronicles
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:It's funny that while everyone acknowledges the awful voice acting in MM X 4 there are people who actually like the equally awful voice acting in the original North American version of Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Double standards? That's why I have such great appreciation for the inclusion of the Japanese voice track in the PSP version on Dracula X Chronicles

Nah, I think SOTN's voice acting transcends it's badness by simply being hilarious, not to mention quite memorable.

Plus the PSP version's voice acting wasn't exactly good either.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

AppleQueso wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:It's funny that while everyone acknowledges the awful voice acting in MM X 4 there are people who actually like the equally awful voice acting in the original North American version of Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Double standards? That's why I have such great appreciation for the inclusion of the Japanese voice track in the PSP version on Dracula X Chronicles

Nah, I think SOTN's voice acting transcends it's badness by simply being hilarious, not to mention quite memorable.

Plus the PSP version's voice acting wasn't exactly good either.

But enough talk... have at you!
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Meh, to me bad dubbing is just bad dubbing. It's not funny, just bad. I'll take SOTN in japanese with subtitles on my PSP over either of the english tracks any day of the week
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
SirPsycho
24-bit

by SirPsycho Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:Meh, to me bad dubbing is just bad dubbing. It's not funny, just bad. I'll take SOTN in japanese with subtitles on my PSP over either of the english tracks any day of the week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU

That might change your mind.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:24 am

I'm going to post this here so maybe people will care, lol...

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=36705
Godot102
64-bit

by Godot102 Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:07 am

I think people take the voice acting in MM8/X4 WAAAAYY too seriously. Yea the voices suck but for some reason, they make the games better than they already were imo.

Here is my take on the X series post X3:

X4- Best in the series! Seriously this game is awesome!

X5- A giant disappointment....considering that this game came out about 3 years after X4 it did not feel like an improvement at all. They took out voice acting and anime cutscenes, put in bosses that were not as memorable, slapped on Alia and Signas who are apparently really important characters since they appear in the rest of the series. I do give Capcom props for trying something new with the whole turn based system. Overall not a terrible game but you couldn't help but feel like it should have been much better.

X6- Trainwreck! This game took one step forward then ten steps backwards.....The levels seemed to be designed to piss off gamers, saving the reploids was really annoying at times, the nightmare system(while a nice concept), was incredibly buggy and did not work properly. If you are playing the X collection, the voice acting is removed during cut scenes....If your gonna play this game get the ps1 version because at least it has Japanese voices in it.

X7- I've only briefly played it and I can tell you I was not impressed...The graphics looked kinda cool, but the fact that you have to unlock mega man is kinda ridiculous....and the 3d felt weird at times.

X8- A huge improvement and a step in the right direction. Neutral armor was really cool and fun to play with. Plus there are 6 playable characters. Pretty cool game. There is also a New game + which is a nice bonus and you can fight an 8-bit Cutman.

X command mission- A mega man RPG.....well its a great MMX game but an average RPG! Highly recommend getting a guide for this one though as there are many important items you may miss that will make the game easier. Its a pretty challenging game until you get used to the mechanics and battle system. It succeeds as an X game but not as an RPG since the story's pacing is way too fast for its own good. If your interested in a new way to experience a MMX game check it out, but if your looking for a great JRPG, there are much better ones out there.

Maverick Hunter X- EPIC!!! This is the game you want to get your hands on! Probably the best MMX game released in the last decade. You even get to play as Vile. I like this game so much I will probably buy the digital copy to play when I get a vita.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:53 pm

I don't hate 8 just because of the VAs. Otherwise, I wouldn't adore X4 as much. 8 raped 7's perfectly fine shop system, there's only two good songs on the soundtrack (Bass and stage select), and most of the bosses were meh. Yes, there were a couple of good ones, and yes, one of the wily stages had meh music that got an epic BN remix, but for the most part the game is worse than X6.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Godot102
64-bit

by Godot102 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm

GameMasterGuy wrote:I don't hate 8 just because of the VAs. Otherwise, I wouldn't adore X4 as much. 8 raped 7's perfectly fine shop system, there's only two good songs on the soundtrack (Bass and stage select), and most of the bosses were meh. Yes, there were a couple of good ones, and yes, one of the wily stages had meh music that got an epic BN remix, but for the most part the game is worse than X6.

I actually like 8. Its a very different game from the rest of the series. Overall I felt that It was a bit of an improvement over 7, most notably the size of the sprites vs the size of the stage and platforms. The weapons were kinda cool like flash bomb and the soundtrack was really catchy. I know many people hated the JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE but Ill take those over disappearing blocks or the final Wily boss from 7 anyday :D .
Return to Sony and Microsoft