Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Re: Mega Man X series post MMX3- Are they worth playing?

by Juan Aguacate Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:52 am

I hope no one gets too upset about this old thread being bumped, but there's been some new stuff regarding Mega Man X: Corrupted since it was last mentioned in this thread, including a trailer a little earlier this year and some gameplay footage of black Zero back in April. And I see the facebook page for these guys is being regularly updated too. I want this game to come out it looks amazing and it's not like Capcom is giving us anything despite teasing fans without constant appearances by X and Zero in fighting games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0hiwopf8Ls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUouxiTSSwQ
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:16 am

I'll believe it when it's out. :lol:

But yeah it's always looked amazing and the music nails the feel.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:17 pm

I'm also looking forward to the release of Corruption and have been since I found out about some odd years ago. That said, I had no idea this thread existed and I want to say of course they are worth playing!

X4 is one of the greatest mega man games of all time, X5 and 6 are alot rougher but they have some great music and interesting game mechanics. I'd say those two might only be for the most devout mega man fans.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 am

I hope Corruption does come out at some point. I never could get into the Mega Man Zero series despite Zero being my favorite character from the MMX series. I hated his character re-design and found the jump in difficulty from the MMX series to the MMZ series off putting. I also hated all the nonsense they added like elves and non-linear areas. Ugh, just give me another MMX game please. It was the best series out of the entire Mega Man line. If I can't get a Mega Man X9 I'll happily accept Mega Man X Corruption, which looks like it'd be better than an actual new MMX game from Capcom anyway.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:19 am

How far did you get in Mega Man Zero? I recall the first game being the only one that was that weird sloppy Metroidvania style, but the later games got more linear and improved because of it. The difficulty is very high for sure though.
Return to Sony and Microsoft