Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by the7k »

AznKhmerBoi wrote:Indeed, action pack high quality HD graphic games should be played on the big screen. Thats what the ps3, xbox360, and wii u is for. Handheld should be something enjoyable to look at and play which bring something new to the table.

Just because it's capable of doing super-realistic hyper-high-quality HD graphics doesn't mean all the games will take advantage of that. It just means that it's capable of doing more - that's all.

I don't see how anyone can look at a system having more flexibility and somehow infer that that is a negative.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

At this point I think Megaman Legends 3 may be the only thing that could make me bite the bullet on a 3ds. Sony, take my money.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

t0yrobo
Next-Gen

Post by t0yrobo »

AznKhmerBoi wrote:Indeed, action pack high quality HD graphic games should be played on the big screen. Thats what the ps3, xbox360, and wii u is for. Handheld should be something enjoyable to look at and play which bring something new to the table.

darthmunky wrote:I'm not a handheld gamer at all, if I could get one, I'd get the 3DS.

Same here, I don't want a home console experience on a handheld, I want handheld style games. It looks really awesome, but for me I just don't think it'd be worth it. It's a portable that seems to be focused on console like games, and it's large enough that I probably would never take it anywhere. It's still more attractive than the 3DS though, especially in price.
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

It's game library would be the deciding factor for me. I'm not to fond of motion and touch screen controls but the demo they showed at E3 said that you could choose to use the buttons. So maybe. I do agree that it should have a UMD drive. I would be sold for sure if it did.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'm going to hold off until I see some games I really want to have. With a Nintendo system you know that at the very least you're going to get a bunch of kickass first party stuff. Here I'm going to need to see some compelling games, and I'm not a fan of the current popular genres.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Everything I have seen so far has me more excited for a launch than I can remember in years.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Segatari2002
24-bit

Post by Segatari2002 »

Just saw the E3 video for it and SOLD!! Seriously this is the very first handheld I've been excited for since the gameboy way back when.
Currently owned; Colecovision, Master System, TG-16/CD, SNES, Genesis/CD Mk1/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, Jaguar/CD, Xbox, Wii, and PS3!!!

Dreamcast Tracker; 209 of 248 NTSC-U games collected.

My B/S/T Thread; viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31756

Also, if anyone has the case art for Popful Mail (Sega CD), I'd like to speak with you!
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

dsheinem wrote:Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

According to this the save data will be on the game cards; much like a DS game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/03/ngp-games-will-come-on-2gb-and-4gb-cards-with-room-for-save-dat/
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

So the Vita is supposed to take cards like the DS instead of UMD's? Maybe it will be BC with DS :lol:
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742