Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by dsheinem Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:27 am

Opa Opa wrote:If it's region-free I'd get a PSV before I get a 3DS.

Rumor is that the Vita will be.

http://kotaku.com/5810218/is-the-playst ... egion+free

I had no idea the 3DS wasn't. How odd.

They also have a report there about the media. Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

http://kotaku.com/5810223/remember-the- ... t/gallery/
BST|Writing|Music
"I hope in the upcoming months you'll find parties which conform to your expectations."
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 pm

dsheinem wrote:Rumor is that the Vita will be.

http://kotaku.com/5810218/is-the-playst ... egion+free

Word.

I had no idea the 3DS wasn't. How odd.

Yeah, that's a big turn-off for me. I'm really getting into importing games and that's kinda a big deal to me when I consider buying newer systems.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:46 pm

dsheinem wrote:Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

So no MemoryStickDuo's anymore? That would be a bummer.

As far as the system goes, this is a day-1-wait-in-line-if-I-have-to purchase. Or pre-order from Amazon.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Stark wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

So no MemoryStickDuo's anymore? That would be a bummer.

As far as the system goes, this is a day-1-wait-in-line-if-I-have-to purchase. Or pre-order from Amazon.

I'm on the fence. I want to preorder, but on the other hand, I want a new 24" computer monitor :lol:

Not to mention all the other games I want to buy. I hate being without a job. :x
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
darthmunky
Next-Gen

by darthmunky Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm not a handheld gamer at all, if I could get one, I'd get the 3DS.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:27 pm

dsheinem wrote:I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

I imagine this is all part of their super duper mega grand stupendous anti-piracy effort for the next generation.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:45 pm

irixith wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

I imagine this is all part of their super duper mega grand stupendous anti-piracy effort for the next generation.

Which, of course, will only work for about a week until someone figures out a work-around.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

by AznKhmerBoi Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Indeed, action pack high quality HD graphic games should be played on the big screen. Thats what the ps3, xbox360, and wii u is for. Handheld should be something enjoyable to look at and play which bring something new to the table.

darthmunky wrote:I'm not a handheld gamer at all, if I could get one, I'd get the 3DS.
DsLite Wii 3DS PS3fatYLOD GenesisModel1 SegaSaturnDreamcast SNES NES Ps1 N64 WiiU "black" PS4
NintendoSwitch(GreyCons)GBA SP 101 (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (Blue) (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (LimeGreen) (Spongbob Model)Xbox One (OriginalFatRelease)

PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

by Dakinggamer87 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:37 pm

I'll be buying it on launch the hardware technical specs and capabilities are very impressive. I'm looking forward to many games such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I already pre-ordered my system a few days ago. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Opa Opa wrote:If it's region-free I'd get a PSV before I get a 3DS.

Indeed, the ability to import cheap games from overseas like I do on the ps3 is a big draw for me seeing as we get raped on price here in Australia.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Return to Sony and Microsoft