Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 22855
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by dsheinem Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:27 am

Opa Opa wrote:If it's region-free I'd get a PSV before I get a 3DS.


Rumor is that the Vita will be.

http://kotaku.com/5810218/is-the-playst ... egion+free

I had no idea the 3DS wasn't. How odd.

They also have a report there about the media. Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

http://kotaku.com/5810223/remember-the- ... t/gallery/
BST|Writing|Music
"I hope in the upcoming months you'll find parties which conform to your expectations."
Opa Opa
 

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by Opa Opa Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 pm

dsheinem wrote:Rumor is that the Vita will be.

http://kotaku.com/5810218/is-the-playst ... egion+free

Word.

I had no idea the 3DS wasn't. How odd.

Yeah, that's a big turn-off for me. I'm really getting into importing games and that's kinda a big deal to me when I consider buying newer systems.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9511
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by Stark Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:46 pm

dsheinem wrote:Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...


So no MemoryStickDuo's anymore? That would be a bummer.

As far as the system goes, this is a day-1-wait-in-line-if-I-have-to purchase. Or pre-order from Amazon.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9206
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: Denver CO, USA

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by RyaNtheSlayA Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Stark wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...


So no MemoryStickDuo's anymore? That would be a bummer.

As far as the system goes, this is a day-1-wait-in-line-if-I-have-to purchase. Or pre-order from Amazon.


I'm on the fence. I want to preorder, but on the other hand, I want a new 24" computer monitor :lol:

Not to mention all the other games I want to buy. I hate being without a job. :x
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
User avatar
darthmunky
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Canada

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by darthmunky Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm not a handheld gamer at all, if I could get one, I'd get the 3DS.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
User avatar
irixith
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:22 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by irixith Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:27 pm

dsheinem wrote:I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...


I imagine this is all part of their super duper mega grand stupendous anti-piracy effort for the next generation.
User avatar
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9740
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by BoringSupreez Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:45 pm

irixith wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...


I imagine this is all part of their super duper mega grand stupendous anti-piracy effort for the next generation.

Which, of course, will only work for about a week until someone figures out a work-around.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
User avatar
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:04 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by AznKhmerBoi Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Indeed, action pack high quality HD graphic games should be played on the big screen. Thats what the ps3, xbox360, and wii u is for. Handheld should be something enjoyable to look at and play which bring something new to the table.


darthmunky wrote:I'm not a handheld gamer at all, if I could get one, I'd get the 3DS.
DsLite Wii 3DS PS3fatYLOD GenesisModel1 SegaSaturnDreamcast SNES NES Ps1 N64 WiiU "black" PS4
NintendoSwitch(GreyCons)GBA SP 101 (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (Blue) (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (LimeGreen) (Spongbob Model)Xbox One (OriginalFatRelease)













PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05


Image
User avatar
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4533
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:13 pm
Location: Silicon Valley, CA

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by Dakinggamer87 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:37 pm

I'll be buying it on launch the hardware technical specs and capabilities are very impressive. I'm looking forward to many games such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I already pre-ordered my system a few days ago. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
User avatar
Droid party
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: Stuck in my childhood.

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by Droid party Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Opa Opa wrote:If it's region-free I'd get a PSV before I get a 3DS.


Indeed, the ability to import cheap games from overseas like I do on the ps3 is a big draw for me seeing as we get raped on price here in Australia.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
Return to Sony and Microsoft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest