Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by casterofdreams »

Since picking up a couple of new PS Vitas directly from Japan, I’ve have a renewed focus on the platform.

I picked up a few games I had on my list for awhile:
The two Trails of Cald Steel games, Sonic All-Star Racing, and Axiom Verge.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I think I may need to either move where my PSTV is, or keep my controller corded more. My DS4 seems to be having connectivity issues where it just craps out entirely or just partially, usually while I'm in the middle of a tense battle in Tales of Phantasia :P
I may just try using a DS3 tomorrow and see if I can get a better showing out of that.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Bluetooth interference maybe? If you have a DS3 around you should try that and see if that acts weird as well.

Edit: I didn’t read the full post regarding the DS3 :lol: it’s late!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

How close is your PS TV to your router? In my last house, I had my PS4 set up right beside my router, and it caused a LOT of interference with my DS4.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

If Sony is shutting down physical cart production, I wonder what will be the last physical releases for the system? Does anyone know of any lists of upcoming physical releases (with region information)?

I want to make sure I buy any gems I can for the system before the prices go absolutely sky high on Ebay.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

So I know I'm phenomenally late to the party, I'm thinking I'd like to get a PS Vita.

Unfortunately, it looks like the supplies of new ones is drying up. Should I suck it up and buy a $250 one off Amazon? Does anyone know of another place selling them that isn't an extra-shady third-party seller? Or if I import a Japanese one, could I just set it up for English and set my region as the US and have it function completely identically to an American one?
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Nemoide wrote:Or if I import a Japanese one, could I just set it up for English and set my region as the US and have it function completely identically to an American one?

I can't really answer your other questions, but I know a bit about this, even if I haven't done it myself. From what I understand, you can set your system language to English and log into your US PSN account just fine. The only downside is that "accept" and "cancel" (X & O) will be switched around. I'm not sure if this carries over to the games or not, but I haven't heard of any other downsides.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Good to know! If it's like the PS2 and PSP, the X/O switch shouldn't carry over to games and I can definitely live with that in the main menus!
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

This is for the black Vita as of this moment with shipping and exchange rate
This is for the black Vita as of this moment with shipping and exchange rate
4F0BDF4A-1460-459C-890C-F379FBE02056.jpeg (288.88 KiB) Viewed 5991 times

I’ve imported two Vitas from Japan via Amazon.jp

They are significantly cheaper after the exchange rate, ships quick, and is the genuine article.

At start up you can select the language. You can use your regional PSN account no problem. The only thing is the circle button and the X button have reversed functions in menus: circle to confirm, X to go back of cancel as mentioned by laurenhiya.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328