Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'd recommend checking out Hatsune Miku, the Killzone and Resistance games on the system, Uncharted, Saturday Morning RPG, and Breach and Clear (you'll definitely want the last two digitally unless you have lots of money you don't know what to do with).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'd recommend checking out Hatsune Miku, the Killzone and Resistance games on the system, Uncharted, Saturday Morning RPG, and Breach and Clear (you'll definitely want the last two digitally unless you have lots of money you don't know what to do with).

Thanks for the tips! I just decided to get a month of PS Plus just to see what free games I’d get. I had Uncharted, as I thought, and i also had Strangers Wrath HD, Wipeout 2048, Playstation All Stars, and Sonic and Sega Racing transformed. So I’m feeling better about the buy. I’m excited to play all of them. I’ll definitely look into your other suggestions. And I do not have a lot of money I don’t know what to do with, so I’ll be going Digital on those two. Haha. Thanks.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

ESauced wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'd recommend checking out Hatsune Miku, the Killzone and Resistance games on the system, Uncharted, Saturday Morning RPG, and Breach and Clear (you'll definitely want the last two digitally unless you have lots of money you don't know what to do with).

Thanks for the tips! I just decided to get a month of PS Plus just to see what free games I’d get. I had Uncharted, as I thought, and i also had Strangers Wrath HD, Wipeout 2048, Playstation All Stars, and Sonic and Sega Racing transformed. So I’m feeling better about the buy. I’m excited to play all of them. I’ll definitely look into your other suggestions. And I do not have a lot of money I don’t know what to do with, so I’ll be going Digital on those two. Haha. Thanks.

Yeah, Saturday Morning RPG and Breach and Clear were Limited Run Games' first two releases, and while I think Saturday Morning RPG has hovered around $50, a physical copy of Breach and Clear (since they only made 1500) sits between $200 and $300 on eBay these days. If you're into SUPER dark shit, the Japanese PSP versions of the first two Corpse Party games are on the Vita's PS Store, and the third game was developed for Vita.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

It looks like Saturday Morning RPG is coming to Switch. I’d probably opt for that version and since they’re doing physics I imagine that’ll be cheaper physical too.

I probably have more than enough games to try for now (I always do, my backlog is approximately 75% of my collection) and I’m feeling better about the library now. I’m glad I got a good deal on the system. I kind of wonder if the price is going to keep going up. It seems like a couple years ago it would have been easy to find one in good shape with a charger for $100 and now that would run $120. They’re not making any more of them so I imagine it’ll either plateau around it’s current range or maybe even go up a bit more.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Spot on! Just picked up an OLED Vita for $120 w/ charger and 4GB card. Also grabbed Dancing all Night and Trails of Cols Steel and my copy of Steins; Gate just came in. I'm in gaming heaven!
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Steins;Gate is phenomenal! Glad you got it. When you get a chance you should get Steins;Gate 0, a follow up to the first one.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

I really need to finish snapping up the Vita games I want to get. The new Vita releases are nearly dead now, and I've noticed that quite a few games are already out of print. As an example, Mary Skelter Nightmares is already stupid expensive on Amazon for some reason (unless you go for a PAL copy). Luckily I already have a copy, so I'm glad I got that fairly quickly.

Are there games that you guys are still looking for? I still have a quite few that I'm thinking of getting, but I don't think that there's too many expensive games on my want list.

These are the ones I'm looking at potentially getting still:

NA Releases
Army Corps of Hell
Chaos;Child
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Disgaea 3: Abscene of Detention
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Omega Labyrinth Z (assuming we're getting a physical Vita release)
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (and possibly the other Persona dancing games)
Psychedia of the Ashen Hawk (maybe)
Psychedia of the Black Butterfly (maybe)
Root Letter
Summon Night 6
Tales of Heart R
Tokyo Xanadu
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (assuming I like the first game)

Import Releases
@field
Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy
Labyrinth Cross Blood: Infinity Ultimate
Miracle Girls Festival
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit (for the physical copy)
Tales of Innocence R
Time Travellers
To Heart 2: Dungeon Travellers
Ukiyo no Roushi
Last edited by laurenhiya21 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Tokyo Xanadu is the only thing I want. Doesn't look great, but I'll give it a shot. Have everything else that interests me.

I, too, had some stuff I was interested in that went OOP quickly. Whatever though, I was never too invested.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

laurenhiya21 wrote:As an example, Mary Skelter Nightmares is already stupid expensive on Amazon for some reason (unless you go for a PAL copy). Luckily I already have a copy, so I'm glad I got that fairly quickly.

Yes, if you only buy from Amazon. There's other places where it can be had cheaper.

Btw, no one should be surprised Vita games go OOP. At this point in its life, I doubt any company can make a ton of money off of even one regular sized run (not LRG size).
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I took a painful plunge and purchased a PS Vita Memory card, 32GB, directly from Amazon.co.jp

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Works out to about $60. The good news is that its shipped and sold by Amazon so I'll be getting one that isn't counterfeit, at least I hope.