Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by Bradtemple87 »

lisalover1 wrote:I'll probably ask for one for Christmas. I am most definitely interested in the handheld, though. ;)

I'm thinking of asking for contributions during Christmas time myself
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Pretty sold on it myself. Looks like a beast in terms of hardware, tons of options, but nothing particularly favored or forced. Just plain ol' capability.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BTW, I'm the one guy that doesn't think the name is all that bad.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

noiseredux wrote:BTW, I'm the one guy that doesn't think the name is all that bad.

i believe it's more important what the console can do than the name itself.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

noiseredux wrote:BTW, I'm the one guy that doesn't think the name is all that bad.

I think I kinda like it as well :)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

There are definitely games I want for it, but nothing that makes me need to get one Day 1. Maybe if I got a job...but if i was gonna get a new handheld if I had a job, it would probably be a 3DS. But I would definitely like to get one at some point, perhaps after they release a slim model or a price drop...

And I don't care that it doesnt have backwards compatibility with the PSP1. The discs were loud and it took awhile for things to load. It makes it awkward to play the games in the bathroom or in a hotel room while everyone else sleeps and your PSP's UMD drive is making these loud as fuck noises. Also I think UMD is a stupid name. It's not really Universal if they only thing they work on is a PSP. :lol:
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I don't mind the name, I think PSV has a nice sound to it.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Bradtemple87 wrote:

I think I kinda like it as well :)

I don't. It sounds like a name for a cell phone. I would have preferred PSP2 or even just sticking with NGP.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

im actually quite excited for this system. i do have full intentions to pick one up since the psp was (believe it or not) one of my favorite platforms ever. im not in for the name but im ok with as i don't think it sounds right....but it does as long as it's called psv...but name means nothing when it comes to the system. it's all about the hardware and media in the end. can't wait.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I'm just glad it's not called the NGP anymore. There's only one NGP in my life, thank you.

I'm interested. Far more interested in the PSV than I was the 3DS. I just hope there is no region lock-out. I know ModNation Racers is going to be the first game I buy for it. =P The Cross-Platform functions really interest me as well - playing on the go, then saving to the cloud and picking back up at home on the PS3? Friggin' amazing.