Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

by Exhuminator Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Reprise wrote:games

- Tearaway (already own digitally) <--Cutesy and creative, kinda shallow though.

- Little Big Planet (already own digitally) <--Not much different than all the other LBPs. If you enjoy the series, it's more of the same.

- Uncharted Golden Abyss (own digitally via PS+, BUT I've cancelled my memberships, so....) <--Really nice graphics, very repetitive combat, and eventually tedious game design.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:23 pm

I really enjoyed Golden Abyss. I, personally, definitely recommend it if you like Uncharted.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Uncharted isn't good. Avoid it. It just exists to show the gimmicks for the touchscreen and touchpad.

Tearaway is built around those features. The difference is where uncharted forced them in (think early Wii games with forced waggle) Tearaway is a charming game that uses those features really well as it was built around the concept.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:37 am

I can't comment on Uncharted, but Tearaway was a decent but unremarkable game with really annoying touchpad gimmicks and I don't think it's a bid deal to go out and purchase that one.

Little Big Planet was enjoyable enough, but it's basically more of the same as the others.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 am

Persona 4 Golden
Muramasa
Dragon's Crown
Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2
Soldner X-2 (if you like Shmups)
Gravity Rush
Ys Memories of Celceta

These are some must must-haves on Vita. If you get just one game then Persona 4 Golden. I so rarely use this term but that game is a real masterpiece.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 am

I already have the majority of those games. I was just going with the lauded games by the mainstream press which I don't own, since I feel I'm more or less done with Vita collecting now.

Sounds to me like I can skip most though.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 am

Segata wrote:Soldner X-2 (if you like Shmups)

I would watch a few runs of this or something before buying. Shmups are probably my favorite genre, but this game bored me to tears.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:55 am

I have it and it's decent enough, but nothing amazing.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 am

Segata wrote:Uncharted isn't good. Avoid it. It just exists to show the gimmicks for the touchscreen and touchpad.

I'll be interested in hearing WHY you think Uncharted isn't good; I, on the other hand, have already explained why I enjoyed it.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:53 am

Reprise wrote:I was just going with the lauded games by the mainstream press which I don't own

We all know the Vita is mostly buoyed by niche weeb games (a good thing if you enjoy them), as unfortunately mainstream support of Vita only lasted about a year before Sony cowardly gave up. During that time a handful of mainstream exclusives were made that remain decent though. If you don't have these, I suggest them:

Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Killzone: Mercenary
Resistance: Burning Skies
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Unit 13
Wipeout 2048

Golden Abyss is a poor man's Uncharted, and wasn't even made by Naughty Dog. That said, it's still like a 7/10, and has great graphics for the platform.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to Sony and Microsoft