Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Exhuminator wrote:Wipeout 2048

Not that I wouldn't suggest Wipeout 2048, as its really good, but its now part of the Wipeout Omega Collection on PS4 iirc.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Papers, Please is finally being released tomorrow :)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

So a remaster/remake of Catherine is coming to the PS4 and PS Vita next year, huh? Catherine Full Body will add new gameplay mechanics, new difficulty levels, online battles, an expanded story, new cutscenes, new endings and will add a 'third' girl into the mix (not sure how I feel about that, but we'll see how it impacts the story).

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/19/1679 ... -full-body
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

You should have put the quotes on the word girl based on the theory going around the interwebs (not that there's anything wrong with that). Regardless this is cool especially for the Vita simply because they're still games coming out for it in 2018. It would be super awesome if they ported Persona 5 over to it as well but I have a feeling something like that would never happen.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I really hope we get a physical version in the West. It wasn't that long ago that I was thinking how awesome it would be to have it on the Vita (in retrospect, now the Switch is a thing, a version on Nintendo's platform would be even cooler) and it's great it's finally happening. Catherine is one of my favourite games of the last generation.

Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

casterofdreams wrote:It would be super awesome if they ported Persona 5 over to it as well but I have a feeling something like that would never happen.

I agree and having played some now, I don't see anything with the engine or gameplay that would prevent this. I spent so much time on Persona 4 Golden because it was portable. What I've been doing as a makeshift solution is playing P5 on remote play on the Vita. I have to be in the same house as the PS4, but I still get a bit of the portability aspect I wanted.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I just bought myself a Vita because I found a good looking one one Facebook marketplace. It’s strange, I was really excited to get it but now I’m actually kind of sad I bought it. Like it actually makes me feel sad in a strange way.

I don’t know what’s up with that. I bought a Switch a month ago so maybe I just got a new toy too soon. The Switch is still fresh for me and it makes me feel happy. I know this is really strange the way I’m talking about these. I think maybe if I’d waited until my joy over the Switch had faded I would appreciate the Vita more.

As it is I’m having trouble enjoying the system. I got some good games with it, but they’re all games I could play elsewhere, and have for a couple. For some reason if I get a port on my Switch it feels like a fun new one to play the game. I was thinking it was the portability but I think that aspect isn’t doing it for me on the Vita. It seems really sterile and blah compared to the Switch.

Maybe I should just buy Uncharted. That and the offscreen play for PS4 (which I don’t yet own) are the main reasons I wanted one.

And I don’t want it to sound like I’m criticizing the system. Just how I’m feeling about it right now.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

What types of games are you into? Exhuminator and I are among the biggest Vita fans you're likely to meet, so we might be able to help you out.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I play just about anything but I don’t really have the patience for JRPGs or the time for many games over 30 hours (but I make exceptions for amazing games on the time rule) I’ve also never tried a visual novel game and while I’m not opposed to the idea (I love the TellTale games and I certainly don’t play them for the QTE’s) I’m not really a fan of most anime so I don’t know if there would really be any that appeal to me.

I liked the PSP a lot. My favorites on it were Patapon, Loco Roco, the God of War games, ratchet and clank size matters, daxter, rock band unplugged and basically any retro collection or remake. Maybe that helps more than my general game tastes.

It just seems like from looking at the vita library, a lot of the indie ports that it is loved for are becoming available on the Switch, which would be my preferred platform. And it really doesn’t have a lot of retail exclusives in my wheelhouse. Maybe I need to be convinced to branch out.

I dunno. Whatever you got to help me stop feeling oddly sad about my new toy!
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Segata wrote:Persona 4 Golden
Muramasa
Dragon's Crown
Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2
Soldner X-2 (if you like Shmups)
Gravity Rush
Ys Memories of Celceta

These are some must must-haves on Vita. If you get just one game then Persona 4 Golden. I so rarely use this term but that game is a real masterpiece.

Just going back through this thread to find recommendations. I actually have 4 of these games with my Vita. Muramasa (which I tried and enjoy so far), Dragons crown (which I haven’t tried yet), Gravity Rush (which I tried to try but the intro was too long) and soldner x-2 which apparently is cross but and I already beat on PS3.

Also, funny story, I have no idea how I own Gravity Rush. It was just in my download list for some reason and I know I never bought it. I did make sure to snag all the Vita games that were ps plus but I don’t have ps plus right now so it shouldn’t have let me download it for free. I think maybe I tried to download it to my PS3 a while back with the hopes it was actually playable on PS3 and maybe that glitched their system so I own it outright now? I’m positive I never would have paid for it though.

Edit: I realized I could search my email for it. Apparently I bought it for $0.81 when Sony was having some crazy sale. When stuff like this happens I have to remember that it always ends up more logical than a strange, major bug (I would say that as a programmer I should know that, but my professional experience is mostly filled with strange, major bugs).