Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Well, much like 4 inches isn't enough neither is 4 gigs, apparently. Finally went to buy the Secret of Mana remake and I apparently don't have the space on my memory card.

Went out to buy an 8 gig card today and both Target and Wal-Mart have ZERO Vita products anymore. Does GameStop usually stock these?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Gamestop hasn't had more than more than the occasional Vita product in a few years for the most part. I went ahead and dished out for a 64 GB card a couple years ago just so I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Your best bet is to order it from Amazon Japan. I’ve done this myself and is cheaper than, say a third party amazon seller on the States.

There are a lot of counterfeit Vita memory cards out there. Buying it from Amazon Japan as the seller and shipper insures you’ll get a legit one.

The largest card that fits that category is 32GB. Cost after exchange rate and shipping is $55.10 at the time of writing.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

casterofdreams wrote:Pour one out for the little guy: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -sony-says

I mean this is just plain smart action by Sony at this point. Could anyone really see a Vita 2 doing well enough to justify its investment cost in any way in this market so dominated by the Switch and mobile phone games (and the still going on 3DS)? I thought the Vita was a bit of a weird move by Sony at the time, but making a Vita 2 would just be absolute insanity at this point.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
casterofdreams wrote:Pour one out for the little guy: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -sony-says

I mean this is just plain smart action by Sony at this point. Could anyone really see a Vita 2 doing well enough to justify its investment cost in any way in this market so dominated by the Switch and mobile phone games (and the still going on 3DS)? I thought the Vita was a bit of a weird move by Sony at the time, but making a Vita 2 would just be absolute insanity at this point.

That and it will get absolutely dominated by the Switch.

Hell the Switch is a Vita 2.0
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:

Making a new portable isn't forward-looking in general, especially for Sony. Indications have been that the industry is moving towards game streaming - something Sony has been offering for a while now via PSNow. Even the Switch has seen a handful of releases (in Japan) done via streaming (RE7 and the upcoming Assassin's Creed offhand). So, yeah, it'd make little sense for Sony to invest in a product development cycle for a portable, with the potential for players to just connect to the same content via their phone or whatever on the horizon.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Recently pre-ordered this and I'm really looking forward to it. It's a spooky VN/adventure game and the gameplay I've seen of it so far looks really good. It might be the last non-limited physical Vita release in NA too which I think is pretty neat (it's also coming out on Switch if that's more your jam).

If anyone else is interested in picking it up, it's coming out on Halloween! So spooky!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

laurenhiya21 wrote:It might be the last non-limited physical Vita release in NA too which I think is pretty neat

I've had Death Mark pre-ordered for a quite a while, for Vita. You are right that it may very well be the final widely published Vita release in the west. (That's excluding of course Limited Run stuff to come.) In the west, Aksys definitely milked the twilight years of the Vita for all it was worth. I hope you didn't miss Punchline.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Exhuminator wrote:I hope you didn't miss Punchline.
I actually haven't picked it up yet (my game budget didn't line up to get a copy of it and Death Mark) but I'm planning to get it ASAP. Probably next month.

There's quite a few other Vita games I still want to get as well so I'll probably be picking up mostly Vita games for a bit haha.