Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Post by Xeogred »

The optional dragon boss was really ridiculous.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Xeogred wrote:The optional dragon boss was really ridiculous.

Oh yeah? Great. :lol:

I've gotten AotA down to 50% health, I think I've gotten his attack patterns down for the most part, it's just once he has buffed he hits super hard. So any mistake could mean instant death. He buffs at every 25% and supposedly you can stagger him out of it, but I've yet to see that happen when I attack him, just get decimated by the explosion that happens at the end of the buff. :?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Woo! Got him to around 30%! So close! Love this fight, feels really fair, but super hard. It always comes down to choosing the wrong time to heal. He telegraphs everything pretty well.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Telegraph is a nice way to put him. The thing I noticed with the DLC bosses is that they seemed to have much bigger movesets, so it was a bit trickier trying to get down any kind of patterns.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Got him! I am in love with this fight. This guy is in my blood now, I know when to dodge his attacks, when to dodge to the side, when to dodge back. I basically gave up a shield and went two-handed to get this done and if I kept at it, I bet I could basically get through this unscathed.

He's such a badass too. Armor is cool, fight is cool, I mean he doesn't have an arm because he gave it up to protect his great wolf companion (who is also a badass I might add.) Cool music too. YAY!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

He was the hardest boss in the entire game for me. Part of the reason I think he threw me is because he goes against the cautious, defensive play-style I was using up to that point (though he requires the time honored tactic of RUN AWAY if he catches you with his telekinesis de-buff). You've got to be fast and aggressive with him or he will wear you down and wreck your day.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Gunstar Green wrote:

He was the hardest boss in the entire game for me. Part of the reason I think he threw me is because he goes against the cautious, defensive play-style I was using up to that point (though he requires the time honored tactic of RUN AWAY if he catches you with his telekinesis de-buff). You've got to be fast and aggressive with him or he will wear you down and wreck your day.

Where is this dragon? I'm at Manus and I thought that was the last part of the DLC?

I've only fought him once, but he seems to have infinite endurance, so that's cool. :roll:
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Yahoo! I beat Manus! In the end I don't think he was harder than Artorias. Don't get me wrong, still took me half-a-dozen tries, but not the 30 it took me with Arty. Alright! Now I'm off to the Great Hollow and Ash Lake to poke around before taking on the big bad!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Did you find the black dragon in the DLC?

I wonder what you'll think of the final boss. Some people find him to be easy apparently, but I had a tough time with him and cheesed it. lol
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Xeogred wrote:Did you find the black dragon in the DLC?

I wonder what you'll think of the final boss. Some people find him to be easy apparently, but I had a tough time with him and cheesed it. lol
I didn't find the dragon and I couldn't figure it out from the podcast I listen to. I know I could look it up, maybe I should. I've beaten every one except Gwyndolin and the dragon.