Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
AppleQueso

Re: Fatal Frames-Originals and Reprints

by AppleQueso Wed May 04, 2011 11:38 am

flojocabron wrote:One thing I forgot to post on the last is that all of the reprints of the fatal frames use different paper! The outside of the manual on the original has thicker paper and the reprints have thinner paper.

That's pretty common for later pressed ps2 games.

I knew these had been reprinted, but I figured it was like GQD's reprints and virtually identical to the original.

I wonder if the originals might gain favor among collectors? My Fatal Frame I and II are originals for sure...
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 am

A revival of an old but informative thread and a pause for good news .....

PS2 FataL Frames just dropped to $17.99 Each :shock:

Yes today the price drop just happened! I have been eyeing the reprints forever! Well I finally completed mine, took long enough to get a decent price! One thing nice about the reprints being sold used; the Cases, Manuals and Discs are absolutely pristine. The employee couldn't believe how good the disc looked until I relayed the story to him. I already had Crimson Butterfly, now own the set! :mrgreen:

A bit of history, when Gamestop had their first Buy 2 Get 2 free on PS2 games around a year or two ago, most my local Gamestops had multiple crisp copies of all three Fatal Frames. I thought it was strange back then of the timing, only bought Crimson Butterfly since it was rated best of the three.

EDIT
flojocabron wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Interesting. What about the games, any extra content on the repress?

HDAdvance/HDLoader direct install will confirm errors and the exact size of each version.
Haven't checked that yet!

I'll post when I can to see if there's anything else between them.

OH! one more thing, I dont think that the reprints have the tecmo postcard in them.

Don't know if the previous owner got rid of them or if they never came.

Did you ever do a Hard Drive size and game feature change compare? Once I install mine, I'll post the sizes from my what looks to be reprints. Since not a Greatest Hits, I suspect they are the same size and features as the initial run.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:03 am

I know nothing about that techie stuff. I just play the games.

so you go ahead and post what you learned about them.

I no longer have the original discs, they are back with their original owner.

good to see that these great games have gone down.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Looked over my PS2 Fatal Frame Set. It turns out Fatal Frame II Crimson Butterfly is an original, not a reprint! The case has a memory card holder and the manual cover has thicker paper compared to the reprints. Nothing wrong with the reprints though, as far as I can tell they are just as good quality. The manual covers and the case cover inserts are made of thinner paper but the paper is glossy. I'm still not sure of any content difference in the games themselves.

HDAdvance Hard Drive Install Size
Fatal Frame-2Gb / Fatal Frame II-3Gb / Fatal Frame III - 2Gb

Fatal Frame PS2 Set.jpg
Fatal Frame PS2 Set.jpg (230.77 KiB) Viewed 571 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up on that price drop, I'll have to look into getting those again sometime.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:47 pm

AppleQueso wrote:Thanks for the heads up on that price drop, I'll have to look into getting those again sometime.

Don't wait, It might be a temporary sale. That and trying to find a CIB in the used rack, I went to three Gamestops to get mine whole.

AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Those price drops are reflected on Amazon and Ebay too, so I won't even have to worry about crawling gamestop for them.

I also doubt the drop is temporary.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Very good to hear. I never beat 2, or played 3.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm

MY THREAD!! IT LIVES!!!1!!

2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Godot102
64-bit

by Godot102 Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:18 am

I actually have fatal frame 3. I bought it a couple months ago when Playasia had it on sale. Have yet to play it but I really want to since this series looks really good. Is it okay for me to jump into the series at the 3rd game or should I go seek out the other 2 and play those first?
Return to Sony and Microsoft