# Panzer Dragoon Orta & JSRF Join 360 Compatability List

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
racketboy
Site Admin

# Panzer Dragoon Orta & JSRF Join 360 Compatability List

Post by racketboy »

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/backward-c ... 253729.php
It's about time! Other retro highlights include the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and Bust A Move
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

THANK FUCKING GOD!

I took my XBOX back from my friend just for PDO... now I can just play it on my 360... YEY!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Never played either, but good news. PDO still looks like the prettiest Xbox title ever, and I'd like to see that in high def.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Cool. This is basically one of the only games I've really wanted to play on the original Xbox. And I'm getting on of these suckers soon, so I'll be able to play it! :D Just need to buy it now...
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

FINALLY! I could play JSRF on my Xbox360! All I need is Beyond of Good & Evil and I'll be all set
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

All Hail The New Flesh wrote:FINALLY! I could play JSRF on my Xbox360! All I need is Beyond of Good & Evil and I'll be all set

PC version is the best one, if that applies to you. Though it does have 1 small game-stopping bug at a specific point, to which an unofficial patch fixes. But hey, it looks like this, so you can't argue much:
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Mozgus wrote:PC version is the best one, if that applies to you. Though it does have 1 small game-stopping bug at a specific point, to which an unofficial patch fixes. But hey, it looks like this, so you can't argue much:
Lol, I prefer that by a long shot. Practically all game reviewers are beggin people to buy this game, but looks like I'll get it for PC instead of some inferior GCN or Xbox version. :lol: Thanks.
vanguardbandit
8-bit

Post by vanguardbandit »

i was about to buy an xbox again to play those! now they just need more 2d fighters then i'll be happy.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

So I whipped out some PDO to check it out on the 360

I played 360 and XBOX1 right after each other and I have to say a few things:

The controller for XBOX360 is more reactive and feels tighter. It is really nice, when I'd try to highlight enemies and shoot really fast not all my pushes would not respond on the XBOX like they were on the 360. Also with the Black and White button being moved up to the bumper spots make it a LOT easier to go berserk in the middle of an intense battle (i.e. those worms in 'Altered Genos' or the end boss of the game).

Visually though is a mixed bag. The Xbox360 is much crisper and sexy... AND WIDE SCREEN (the last time I played an XBOX1 title on my 360 it only supported 4:3... it was Fable). Downside is that flaws are introduced.... some effects and colours seem clouded and a lot of artifacts are introduced in video AND in game. But the XBOX1 in 720p with component cables is muddy and blurry in game.

Personally despite the artifacts and cloudy colours at times, Panzer Dragoon Orta has become even PRETTIER on the 360... who'd a thunk it, the most gorgeous game I've ever played (yes THE most gorgeous) has become prettier, YEY!

It sucks that I have to go through and redo the entire game and unlock all of Pandora's Box again though. It has been awhile and I'm a bit rusty.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Lan-Di
24-bit

Post by Lan-Di »

I would like them to add my Gun Valkyrie, as well..

On-topic: That's great news! I haven't checked that list for quite some time now.. :D
I heard that, there was a second mirror!