Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
caffeinedreamer
8-bit

Re: Japan-exclusive Xbox Games

by caffeinedreamer Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:36 am

Cheers - I've been away from here for a fair while after getting ripped off on a trade. Was nice to see a response pop up in my inbox!

If anyone has anything to add to / amend in the list, lemme know.
"Man is the plaything of the gods, and that is the best of him; and so we should play the noblest games" -Plato
Deubeuliou

Re: Japan-exclusive Xbox Games

by Deubeuliou Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 pm

I hope nobody will mind me bumping this old thread.

I'm a collector of Xbox (the 1st) & Xbox 360 games.

A couple years ago I started collecting Japanese Xbox games and I wanted to add some information on the first-page list.

***Angelic Concert [Special BOX Edition also available]
Yes there's a "Special Box Edition” which includes a bonus disc and other goodies.
It's quite big. About 3 games in thickness and larger in size.
I don't know if the game within the Special Edition is different from the normal version.

***Aoi Namida
This game seems to exist only in a "Special Edition" which in fact is a regular sized box, but includes a bonus disc.
I suppose it's special only compared to the PC version, released one year before.

***Bistro Cupid [Dokidoki Recipe BOX Edition Also Available]
The Dokidoki Recipe Box Edition is quite big also. A bit bigger than Angelic Concert Special Box.
It includes a set of coasters, a little plate and a tea spoon.
The game cover art from this edition is different from the normal version.

***Bistro Cupid 2 [Special Edition also available]
The Special Edition for this game is smaller than Bistro Cupid 1.
It includes the game in a special slipcover and a bonus disc.
I don't know if the game cover within the Special Edition is different from the normal version.

***Daemon Vector
I think this game was only released in Asia.
I've never seen a Japanese version.

***Innocent Tears [Ltd Edition available?]
Yes there's a Special Edition.
It's a big box including a number of goodies.
I don't know if the game within the Special Edition is different from the normal version.

***Kikou Heidan J-Phoenix + [Ltd Edition available?]
This game seems to exist only in a "Limited Edition".
It includes the game in a special slipcover, a bonus disc and some kind of leaflets/postcards.

***N.U.D.E.@Natural Ultimate Digital Experiment [big box Ltd Edition too]
Yes there's a "Special Edition" which includes a microphone.

***Psyvariar 2: Extend Edition [Ltd Edition available?]
It includes the game in a special slipcover, a mini-calendar and a kind of plastic card.

***Shikigami no Shiro Evolution Blue
***Shikigami no Shiro Evolution Red
I think all versions of these 2 games include a bonus disc, with songs exclusive to each version (Blue/Red).

***Shikigami no Shiro II [Ltd Edition available?]
It includes the game in a special slipcover and some kind of plastic cards/postcards.

***Shikigami no Shiro [Ltd Edition available?]
Yes there's a Special Edition but it’s in fact is a regular sized box.
The only external difference compared to the normal version is a sticker on the bottom left of the blister. So when it's opened you wouldn't see the difference externally.
Otherwise inside it includes some kind of leaflets.

***Shin Megami Tensei: NINE [big box Ltd Edition too]
The “Deluxe Edition” is a huge box including many goodies (a small figurine, a sort of bank card, a big book, etc.).
I think the game within this Deluxe Edition is the same as the normal version.

There are also a number of games released outside Japan but which have a Japan-exclusive limited edition:

Dai Senryaku VII - Grand Strategy VII (includes a mini helicopter toy)
Guilty Gear Isuka (this has the same format as many other limited editions: clear plastic slipcover, some kind of foldable calendar and some bonuses)
Guilty Gear XX (same format as Shikigami No Shiro II, carboard slipcover with bonuses)
King Of Fighters 02 (this has the same format as many other limited editions: clear plastic slipcover, some kind of foldable calendar and some bonuses)
Metal Slug 3 (same format as Shikigami No Shiro II, carboard slipcover with bonuses)
Metal Slug 4 (this has the same format as many other limited editions: clear plastic slipcover, some kind of foldable calendar and some bonuses)
Myst III Exile (not sure what's inside this one)
Otogi 2 (called the “Special Pack” it is in fact the only edition available in Japan and includes Otogi 1)
OutRun 2 (this has the same format as many other limited editions: clear plastic slipcover, some kind of foldable calendar and some bonuses)
Phantom Dust (there's also an Asian edition different from the Japanese one)
R: Racing Evolution (same format as Shikigami No Shiro II, carboard slipcover with bonuses)
Smackdown Vs RAW (a big box with a doll, there are 2 or 3 different versions of this one, the only difference is the character doll)
Street Fighter Anniversary (same format as Shikigami No Shiro II, carboard slipcover with bonuses)
SVC Chaos (same format as Shikigami No Shiro II, carboard slipcover with bonuses)
Ultra Puzzle Bobble (this has the same format as many other limited editions: clear plastic slipcover, some kind of foldable calendar and some bonuses)

There are probably other special editions that I haven’t found yet.

I’ll try to gather pictures of all the Japanese limited editions and post them here.
Return to Sony and Microsoft