Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
tahoe2
32-bit
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Team Ico

by tahoe2 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:55 pm

I have been constantly been spying teamicogamers.blogspot for around 2 years waiting for info. Ever since last year when the trailer leaked, I have been waiting. I thought it came out sometime this year? Even though i dont own a ps3, i'm going to pick up the game as soon as it is out. I need to find ico though first, as i only have Shadow of the Colossus. Might pick up the Euro version though, I wouldnt be able to play it, but it looks better.
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Team Ico

by CRTGAMER Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 am

tahoe2 wrote:I have been constantly been spying teamicogamers.blogspot for around 2 years waiting for info. Ever since last year when the trailer leaked, I have been waiting. I thought it came out sometime this year? Even though i dont own a ps3, i'm going to pick up the game as soon as it is out. I need to find ico though first, as i only have Shadow of the Colossus. Might pick up the Euro version though, I wouldnt be able to play it, but it looks better.

Turns out the ICO Euro version has a 60hz mode. Works fine on NTSC if you have a boot disc. Worth picking up for the extra features.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
User avatar
J T
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12420
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Team Ico

by J T Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:43 pm

There's a really great article about how the control scheme for Shadow of the Colossus adds to the artistic merit of the game, especially in regards to Agro's AI.

Recommended reading:
http://www.destructoid.com/shadow-of-th ... 2997.phtml
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Team Ico

by CRTGAMER Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:10 pm

J T wrote:There's a really great article about how the control scheme for Shadow of the Colossus adds to the artistic merit of the game, especially in regards to Agro's AI.

Recommended reading:
http://www.destructoid.com/shadow-of-th ... 2997.phtml

Great read!
I thought interaction with the horse is pretty good, especially the way you can rotate around shooting arrows while riding.
Really a touch of genius, the R1 button. Literally really feels like I have to hold on to that Colossus.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
tahoe2
32-bit
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: Team Ico

by tahoe2 Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:33 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
J T wrote:There's a really great article about how the control scheme for Shadow of the Colossus adds to the artistic merit of the game, especially in regards to Agro's AI.

Recommended reading:
http://www.destructoid.com/shadow-of-th ... 2997.phtml

Great read!
I thought interaction with the horse is pretty good, especially the way you can rotate around shooting arrows while riding.
Really a touch of genius, the R1 button. Literally really feels like I have to hold on to that Colossus.


my r1 button broke from holding on to it to much when i repeatedly beat the game for some reason about a year ago.
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Team Ico

by CRTGAMER Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 pm

tahoe2 wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
J T wrote:There's a really great article about how the control scheme for Shadow of the Colossus adds to the artistic merit of the game, especially in regards to Agro's AI.

Recommended reading:
http://www.destructoid.com/shadow-of-th ... 2997.phtml

Great read!
I thought interaction with the horse is pretty good, especially the way you can rotate around shooting arrows while riding.
Really a touch of genius, the R1 button. Literally really feels like I have to hold on to that Colossus.


my r1 button broke from holding on to it to much when i repeatedly beat the game for some reason about a year ago.

OOF! I take it you didn't want to fall off that Colossus! My callused finger is still healing.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
Ico
8-bit
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: Team Ico

by Ico Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Thanks for the support guys. Even after so long. :twisted:
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Team Ico

by CRTGAMER Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:01 am

Ico wrote:Thanks for the support guys. Even after so long. :twisted:

Good login name.

Looking for more info on ICO and Shadow PAL vs NTSC.
Any other differences besides what was stated on previous page?

Finally, release date on Last Guardian?
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
User avatar
J T
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12420
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Team Ico

by J T Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:26 am

The box art on the NTSC version sucks compared to PAL.

Here's what the EU and JPN box art looks like:
Image

Well designed. Understated. Lovely.


But we get this crap in the US:
Image

I didn't even want to play Ico when it first came out because the box art was so fugly.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Team Ico

by CRTGAMER Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:43 am

The Euro cover looks great, captures mood of exploration! U.S. cover makes ICO look like a basic RPG.

In case anyone missed it there is an unofficial Japan Cover for ICO. Really like this one.

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222261#p222261

Looking for any other in NTSC vs PAL game differences for ICO and Shadow.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
Return to Sony and Microsoft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests