Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Briomoto
8-bit

Re: Deus Ex- does it stand the test of time?

by Briomoto Wed May 20, 2009 1:17 am

MrPopo wrote:So to sum up what we know, it's going to be designed for consoles, and Warren Spector won't be involved. And I believe it's a prequel to the first game or something. I was willing to give a PC exclusive a chance even without the original members around, but put it on the consoles as well and you're kinda screwed.

Well, I haven't minded playing them on consoles so far (I liked IW on Xbox) but I can see how it detracts when the game is developed with both in mind. Better to just develop it for the PC specifically and port a dumbed-down version to consoles later rather than compromising the product entirely.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed May 20, 2009 2:24 am

Exactly! I could care less if a PC game gets ported to the console, and maybe they have to dumb down some portions as a result. Its when it's designed for the console first that I have issues, since now it's for the lowest common denominator (in both demographics and UI/controls).
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
crux
128-bit

by crux Wed May 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Doctor4000 wrote:shoggotian

Google brought up this webpage and this page alone. Well played, sir. Well played.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Wed May 20, 2009 6:24 pm

crux wrote:

Google brought up this webpage and this page alone. Well played, sir. Well played.

Oh wow. I wonder what it means. :lol:
Ack

by Ack Wed May 20, 2009 6:24 pm

crux wrote:

I kept thinking it was related to a Shoggoth, though looking up Shoggothian brought me a website with information on committing bestiality with a Shoggoth. Here's a desription of what they look like:

"It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any subway train – a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that bore down upon us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all litter."

I am amazed and frightened by what one may find on the Internet.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
crux
128-bit

by crux Wed May 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Ack wrote:I am amazed and frightened by what one may find on the Internet.

That's an apt opportunity for me to link to this: http://www.cracked.com/article_16554_5- ... ction.html
Doctor4000

by Doctor4000 Thu May 21, 2009 3:12 am

Haha, Shoggoth's are occasionally described as being completely incomprehensible to the human mind, an image so alien that the human brain literally cannot make sense of it, as there is no frame of reference in our dimension.

I was making a joke that someone having the opinion that Deus Ex is a bad game is completely incomprehensible.

Basically I need to read less Lovecraft.
crux
128-bit

by crux Thu May 21, 2009 8:34 am

Now the internet has a definition! You've made the web a better place.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Tue May 26, 2009 10:28 pm

I got Deus Ex for free because of my IGN Insider subscription, and it's the best free game I've ever played.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

by Unleaded Logic Tue May 26, 2009 11:56 pm

I really enjoyed the game, the story and the overall game play reminded me of a first person version of Shadowrun from the SNES era. The second game was the main reason I bough a Xbox, though it wasn't as good as the first.
Return to Sony and Microsoft