Deus Ex- does it stand the test of time?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Re: Deus Ex- does it stand the test of time?

Post by Mozgus »

bobbynewmarkiii wrote:
Mozgus wrote:I guess you didn't read the part where I said I tried it a dozen times. It's not my fault if a game starts off poorly.

It doesn't start off poorly. You're just a retard.

Oh shit, I've been found out! Hurr dur hur hur durpity hur.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Mozgus, don't antagonize him, you're not helping the situation any.

bobby, you've earned your first warning. Quit with the insults.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Ack wrote:Mozgus, don't antagonize him, you're not helping the situation any.

Well, I don't need you to fight my battles for me, Mr. Super Serial.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

GSZX1337 wrote:
Obviously the graphics have aged, but I can probably look past that.

You can download this to take care of that problem.

Awesome! Thanks for the link and the well thought out post. I think I'll play through the game in its original state first and add the HD textures later. You know, play it as intended before modding it out.

I'm getting through the tutorial stage of the game now. I like the feel of the controls. Some of the key choices seem strange to me though, but I guess I can customize that as needed. The graphics are kind of tame, but they do the job and the motion is very fluid. Looks like it will be a pretty good game as soon as I get through this boring tutorial.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Ack

Post by Ack »

Mozgus wrote:
Ack wrote:Mozgus, don't antagonize him, you're not helping the situation any.

Well, I don't need you to fight my battles for me, Mr. Super Serial.

Mozgus, from what I hear, you fighting your own battles usually ends with people leaving this forum and not coming back. But I'm not here to fight your battles for you, I'm worried about something else. I'm worried about the general attitude of folks on the forum and how they're behaving. Most of the folks are all right, offering pleasant conversation about a hobby we all enjoy. Sometimes we have an issue with someone, like the person we had to ban earlier in the week. But for the most part, everything's ok.

Then we get something like this, where somebody doesn't like something and openly insults it, it in this case being your opinion. Frankly Mozgus, I don't care about your opinions, whether I agree or not(though on that note I suppose I might add that I've never gotten through the first level of Deus Ex either). But regardless of who you are or what you think, another individual openly insulting someone over an opinion is where I figure as a moderator I ought to step in and say "Now hold on." If he had wanted to get further information, he would have asked you how you came to that opinion. Instead, he called you retarded, and when I called him on it, he then insulted me too. That shows we have a problem, hence I'm going to do what I consider my job.

Yes, I do take this seriously. I take it seriously because I have respect for the people here, I have respect for the website itself, and I have respect for the owner. I consider the folks here my friends, people I can talk to about an interest of mine that nobody around me in the real world understands or even acknowledges half the time. Sure, some of these people possess opinions I dislike or that I don't fully understand, and if I feel it necessary I will debate them on those opinions. But when someone begins acting out with malicious intent, then I'm supposed to stop it, break it up, and try to smooth things out if possible, same as I'm supposed to step in and handle any spammer that appears. That's how I see things here, and if Racket or the other moderators think I've overstepped my bounds, then I will stop. Hell, I'd even quit and step down if ever they felt it would be better for the forum. But in the meantime, I'm going to continue doing my work, regardless of who gets involved, even if that means you.

In short: nothing personal Mozgus, just doing my job.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

All that rambling, just because someone said the word "retard". You got trolled man. bobbynewmarkiii must be rofling right about now. I don't think he was being serious at all.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Bobby? Bobby's pointless. Let him laugh if he thinks it's funny. If he continues to act up, he'll be banned. If that's what it takes to make him happy, he's in a sad state anyway and I won't be upset to see him go. I'm more interested in how this forum is supposed to be run, especially concerning the changes the overall site's been going through.
Briomoto
8-bit

Post by Briomoto »

So what I'm getting out of this is that almost all of us agree that Deus Ex is a fantastic game that does indeed stand the test of time. So has anyone heard anything new about number 3? Are any of the 'artists formerly known as Ion Storm' going to be involved?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So to sum up what we know, it's going to be designed for consoles, and Warren Spector won't be involved. And I believe it's a prequel to the first game or something. I was willing to give a PC exclusive a chance even without the original members around, but put it on the consoles as well and you're kinda screwed.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Has anybody declared if it will be more like the first or the second? While I've only ever beaten the beginning in the original, I spent a couple of days and beat Invisible War in summer of 2004 after getting my wisdom teeth removed. I couldn't do much else, and it was that or beat Halo for the...let's just not go there.