Non-sanding 360 d-pad mod that worked for me.

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Non-sanding 360 d-pad mod that worked for me.

Post by Mozgus »

Just wanted to share this alternative mod for your 360 if the sanding method didn't help things.

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Fix ... l-pad-mor/

For those who don't know, 360 dpads often have issues with responsiveness. Mine wouldn't press left unless I smashed it hard. Sanding the left portion of the shell didn't help. In fact it made the dpad looser. I wish I never did it. But this method did just the trick. It still has trouble doing circular motions, thus making it worthless for fighting games, but at least I can navigate left on menus without raging.
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Post by Flak Beard »

Wow, I'm going to try this on one of my controllers. Just got to get a T9 first. Thanks for the tip. :D
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

Nice easy mod. Still a pity that ms didn't put in the effort in the first place.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Non-sanding 360 d-pad mod that worked for me.

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:Just wanted to share this alternative mod for your 360 if the sanding method didn't help things.

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Fix ... l-pad-mor/

For those who don't know, 360 dpads often have issues with responsiveness. Mine wouldn't press left unless I smashed it hard. Sanding the left portion of the shell didn't help. In fact it made the dpad looser. I wish I never did it. But this method did just the trick. It still has trouble doing circular motions, thus making it worthless for fighting games, but at least I can navigate left on menus without raging.

I've heard that they are bad, but wow. That is pretty bad...
Why oh why don't they fix it?
CantStrafeRight
24-bit

Post by CantStrafeRight »

I just heard 5 minutes ago that they plan on releasing an updated pad mainly because of street fighter 4.

to be honest its a bit late as I already have 3 pads and I don't really want to get any more.
"The Mega Drive system features stereo sound for extra excitement."
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

CantStrafeRight wrote:I just heard 5 minutes ago that they plan on releasing an updated pad mainly because of street fighter 4.

to be honest its a bit late as I already have 3 pads and I don't really want to get any more.

To late for those of us who have them already maybe, But better late than never.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

CantStrafeRight wrote:I just heard 5 minutes ago that they plan on releasing an updated pad mainly because of street fighter 4.

I heard that as well, but also heard it wasn't leaving Japan and would be a limited edition.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

It's also coming to Europe with the launch of the new Pro evo game. One catch, it's bright green :S
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

Of the six PES demo machines at Konami's Leipzig booth, four are Xbox 360s and the other two are PS3s. Poking out of the holes of those four demo units are brand-new, never-before-seen green control pads. "They're brand-new controllers from Microsoft," said our Konami rep. "The D pad now works in 16 directions, rather than just four."

Although there's little physically different in the new controllers, the added level of control will definitely suit Pro Evolution Soccer. The previous design has been too bulky and imprecise for football and fighting games, so fans of PES and Street Fighter have reason to rejoice over the redesign. The D pad still protrudes quite a way off of the face of the new controller, but the extra precision will definitely come in handy for Konami's game.

That was posted at gamespot.From other things I've seen and read they are not hugely better than the old d-pads.