SRP v2.0 not working 4 me..do i need .net framework v1.1 ins

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
whytspeeddevil

SRP v2.0 not working 4 me..do i need .net framework v1.1 ins

Post by whytspeeddevil »

Hi, Im new to the forum and I have been buying racketboys products for a while. I must say he is very good to deal with. One thing that im having a problem with. I can not open SRP v2.0 :? What do I need to make it run right. Where can i get this .NET framework v1.1 install from? Thanks for the help.
Madroms

Post by Madroms »

Hi,

Yes you need the .NET framework v1.1 installed on your comp.
Just run the windows update function and install it.

Also, with v2.00, you need Windows XP to run it (I don't think it works on previous OS)
whytspeeddevil

Post by whytspeeddevil »

Hey, thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it. Went to the windows/microsoft site and punched in .NET framework v1.1. Download it and now the SRP works just fine! Thanks again and to racketboy for also helping me out. Now I can enjoy my imports on my U.S. saturn system. :D

OH!! one more thing, after i patch the file to my saturn game image, then do I have to use CDMAGE to make sure the image has no corrupt files or errors??
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

It should be fine.
I've never run into any problems -- and never used CDMAGE
kommiekazie
8-bit

Post by kommiekazie »

what's the reason that you shouldn't use CDMage?
whytspeeddevil

Post by whytspeeddevil »

kommiekazie wrote:what's the reason that you shouldn't use CDMage?

Oh, I see what you guys are saying. No, i just thought that you had to use CDMAGE as a check software for errors on the patched image from using SRP. I read the info on the SRP and now i know that it does everything and there is no need for CDmage. Thanks again. My mistake. :shock: Yet it still would be a good idea i would assume to still use CDmage incase of a mistake on my part or any type of errors.
whytspeeddevil

Post by whytspeeddevil »

Hey, can you guys believe that THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD that im selling on ebay is alreday up to $83.76????????? It only comes with the disc and a jewel casing, no manual or original box...just the original game and yeh its in good condition. I cant beleive that this game is that RARE???? I didnt realize that. I bought a sega saturn with a package type deal with games and they had this game with it. Can anyone tell me why this is so rare??? LOL....i didnt even pay that much for the package deal i won on ebay. You cant beat that!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
Madroms

Post by Madroms »

For the use of CDmage after you patched your image, I explain that on my Homepage, and How you must use CDmage.
Why using it ?
Only for patched images in raw mode because some burning tools correct by themselves the data field according to the EDC/ECC fields.
When you patch a raw mode image, only the data field is modified, but the EDC/ECC field are not reconstructed, so burning such an image with some burning tool will result in a non-converted CD-R. This is not a pb with SRP but a feature with some burning tool.
So you have 2 choices:
-use a burning tool which do not reconstruct data field according to the EDC/ECC field, or one which can bypass this check (like Alcohol with its appropriate checkbox)
-reconstruct the EDC/ECC field with CDmage for sector 150 and 151 prior to burning you newly patched image.

Just chek my homepage http://madroms.free.fr/#SRP [UPDATE section) for more detailled explanation with CDmage in action screenshots.
whytspeeddevil

Post by whytspeeddevil »

Ok, I read everything on the home page and yeh i have alcohol 120%. So, it shouldnt be a problem at all. Thanks for all your help man. :D