My Random Modding post

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

My Random Modding post

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Hi, here i will post random ?'s about modding, some will be valid, others will probably make one thing go through your brain... noob.
But hey im 14, i like to tinker with electronics. :P
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

First off I am curious about the PS3, can you rip PS1 games to the hard disk if you rip them through a computer or could you rip them to a memory stick? Not much of a mod but more of an exploiting features kindo thing.
abeisgreat
128-bit

Post by abeisgreat »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:First off I am curious about the PS3, can you rip PS1 games to the hard disk if you rip them through a computer or could you rip them to a memory stick? Not much of a mod but more of an exploiting features kindo thing.

You may want to ask on a PS3 board, we are retro gamers, most of us have no interest or education in the Ps3
Beep beep Beep
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

abeisgreat wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:First off I am curious about the PS3, can you rip PS1 games to the hard disk if you rip them through a computer or could you rip them to a memory stick? Not much of a mod but more of an exploiting features kindo thing.

You may want to ask on a PS3 board, we are retro gamers, most of us have no interest or education in the Ps3

so am i, thats why i want to rip PS1 games.
abeisgreat
128-bit

Post by abeisgreat »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
abeisgreat wrote:

so am i, thats why i want to rip PS1 games.

Well then ask on a forum where people might know, aside from that I'm fairly sure its not possible
Beep beep Beep
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

There's also a hacking and mods board...
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

AwesomeMonstar wrote:There's also a hacking and mods board...

Yeah, try to post your stuff under the right topic, not just in Whatever. If it's a random question or something thats different....

Good idea. Moved. ~ Moz
retro_gammer79
24-bit

Post by retro_gammer79 »

Man, what is this with no love at all. The man is simply asking a question, why are we on a witch hunt?

He could go to other forums but since people here tinker with consoles, he just thought that he would ask.

It is a total valid question, unless someone is saying the PS1 is not retro enough.

I wouldn't assume that no one on this forum has an interest in the PS3.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

We actually have a pretty diverse group here.
Modern stuff isn't off-limits, it just isn't the focus.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Does anyone here even own a PS3? I think that's the issue. Anyways, I was under the impression that the PS3 hasn't really been cracked or modded yet. I know that the only reason we could never play PS1 games off a PS2 hard drive was because the PS1 hardware itself is switched off when the ethernet and hard drive functions are enabled. Or something like that. I imagine there's a chance in hell that we'll someday play PS1 and PS2 games off a PS3 hard drive, especially if Sony themselves do the hard work like they did with the PSP, and it's PS1 feature.