Dreamcast Quantum Fighter Pad Mod?

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
nateup2
128-bit

Dreamcast Quantum Fighter Pad Mod?

Post by nateup2 »

I have a couple of Dreamcast Quantum Fighter Pads laying around from before I knew better. I just wondered if anybody has done a mod to make the c and z buttons on the face activate the triggers. Would this even be possible? I opened it up to have a looksee but it seemed to be over my head.

Any help is appreciated. Ive got nothing to lose with these pieces of garbage.
raztat
128-bit

Post by raztat »

ive seen those on ebay and thought about getting one, is it worth it?
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

pics? you can prolly rewire it...
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
nateup2
128-bit

Post by nateup2 »

No its not even remotely worth it, unless we can mod it somehow. Whatever monkeys created these insults to gaming didn't think things out very well. It is a six button pad (sounds great right?) that is programmable, BESIDES the triggers. The extra c and z buttons are set to A and X. (????????????????????????) You cant even program any other buttons to activate the triggers. Totally defeats any purpose for the existence of these artifacts of bad business. They had the nerve to call them "Fighter Pads"! How mean!

Ill post some pics tomorrow when Im home. See what yall think.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

I very nearly bought a couple of those pieces of shit a few months ago. Looks like I dodged a bullet. I bought one of these instead.

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/hardware/reviews/madcatzdreampad/
Shitty analogue stick and dodgey triggers make it a fairly crap controller, but for fighters (which is the sole reason I bought it) it's pretty decent.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
GrandMasterJimmy
16-bit

Post by GrandMasterJimmy »

If you send me pictures of the whole board, I can show you how to do it. I did it once, but long since got rid of it.
nateup2
128-bit

Post by nateup2 »

Im going to be back home tonight so I'll post some pics of the guts in the next 24.

Thanks