Discuss all hardware and software modifications
opa
64-bit

N64 everdrive: custom music on Tony Hawk?

by opa Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:36 pm

I haven't really followed the N64 everdrive scene but I do have a question. Is there a way to patch a Tony Hawk rom with your own custom music? Not sure if it's possible but I'd love to replace some of the crappy tracks on the original Tony Hawk game.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: N64 everdrive: custom music on Tony Hawk?

by Ziggy587 Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:51 pm

That would require a ROM hack, which doesn't exist to my knowledge.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
PresidentLeever
Next-Gen

by PresidentLeever Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:52 pm

It's potentially possible for any game, and is perhaps easier for N64 games that use streaming audio like TH. That's all I know about that though.
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:08 pm

I would say it's easier for games that have Red Book audio and already are on CD. You could possibly rip it to ISO + WAV format (if that doesn't break anything) then easily swap the tracks out as you like. Changing the length of a track might break something, like how they loop, or perhaps not.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
PresidentLeever
Next-Gen

by PresidentLeever Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Of course but the n64 doesnt have that..
http://minirevver.weebly.com/ - Mini-reviews, retro vgm tribute, rom hacks, chip music, mockups, misc. lists
Return to Hacks and Mods