Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Sonic 3D Blast DX Trailer!

by Mozgus Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:06 am

What a surprise this is. I still consider this to be my first pick for a 16-bit title that I wanted to love but could not. Jon Burton, the lead programmer for 1996's Sonic 3-D Blast, is making a more polished version. It'll be a hack for the Genesis version. Kind of odd that the Saturn version isn't mentioned, but oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO-N2WHbnqU
Probably not the Mozgus you remember. More understanding, more drunk, less irate, less informative.
SpaceBooger

Re: Sonic 3D Blast DX Trailer!

by SpaceBooger Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:48 am

Welcome back!
I just got a cart copy of this so I can patch it and play on my Retron5 when released.
This is the only Sonic game I have never played, Genesis or Saturn version, and now I will wait for the DX version before trying it.

Edit: I have never played Shadow the Hedgehog either... but that isn't really a Sonic game, right?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Because of this, I've spent my morning going through a bunch of videos on that channel. My favorites probably being:

Full color, rendered images on the Genesis.
Logo FMV compression for Sonic 3D Blast.
Building Toy Story's 3D levels.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:14 pm

That is the only YouTube channel I subscribe to. I love it. My favorite video is Sonic 3D's Impossibly Compressed Logo FMV - How's it done?.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Return to Hacks and Mods