HD Combo for PS2 Slim ~ SwapMagic to load ELF HDLoader?

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

diehllane wrote:I'm surprised they blocked the independence exploit though. I figured leaving out the ability to have an internal hard drive would've been enough for Sony. I didn't expect them to change something else to block it, too.
It really is wild that hard drives can be made to work with slims at all though, huh? I forget who discovered how to do it originally, but he was a genius. Keep in mind though that the software that worked with hard drives in fat models had to actually be patched to even detect hard drives that were modded into slims, so it's not like sony left the original IDE pipelines untouched in the motherboard or anything.

I also tried out SMS, the ps2 media player software, and its quite amazing. Its way better than any Dreamcast media players. I was disappointed with all the PS2 emulators compared to the DC emulators (like NES, Gen, and SNES), so I didn't expect much, but this thing rocks. Its playing mp3s, oggs, and divx files (and displays the subtitles) all just fine. 640x480 divx doesnt stutter at all. Bravo. Oh and it can play media off usb drives, the hard drive, a cd or dvd, or even stream over your network, which I just successfully did.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

how is this working for you? i'm getting a swap magic 3.0 soon, lemme know if you wanna sell ur 2nd hdd slim shell yet. im very interested.

http://mod-chip.com/en/ps2_hd_combo.php < $almost $80. :(

also i take it since i have a version 12/13 slim i'll need a slimfix laser chip too.

not bad. i got this ps2 for $30, all i need to do is fix the power switch on it, the part is $8 shipped off eBay.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Hey, I have a 2nd HDCombo now, but I just don't think it would be a good idea to sell it. I may need it for spare parts someday. My system is still working fine. Just yesterday I beat Soul Calibur 3's Fire Emblem mode. That was some difficult stuff. It's real nice never using discs.