SNES & NES RetroDuo handheld in GBA Organizer case -FINISHED

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
bacteria
Next-Gen

Re: SNES and NES combined handheld in GBA Organizer case

Post by bacteria »

Just need to cut out the SD card holes for both Everdrives and I can then attach the boards to the casing.

BTW, here are the switch connections between SNES and NES. Red+blue=SNES, red+black=NES.

I am the Bacman
bacteria
Next-Gen

Post by bacteria »

Installed SD cards in case, switch and power port. Secured in place and ready for next stage.

I intend to use some self adhesive thick paper around the perimeter of the case, varnished for strength, to make it look nicer. Then it will be time to install batteries, charging unit, screen and controls, which will be early November before I get a chance due to the death of my Father-in-Law; sorting things out with his wife, funeral, etc.
I am the Bacman
bacteria
Next-Gen

Post by bacteria »

Well, I won't have time for this project now until after the funeral, etc are over, so will be resuming the project from 29th October onwards (so not long away). In the last days I spent a little time, and halved the size of the battery charger board I am using and also rigged up the step-up regulator for it, installed the batteries, made the holes for the bottom half of the case, improved the looks of the side strip; just need to wire it up.

I should have this project completed before end of November, no problem.

If Rick wants more systems done, as may do, i'll do those; otherwise the next project is likely to be another N64 in GBA Organiser case for someone else.

These GBA Organiser cases are hard to get hold of now, fortunately I bought 3 a few weeks back so have enough for projects!
I am the Bacman
bacteria
Next-Gen

Post by bacteria »

Did a few hours over the weekend and made a lot of progress. I should have this project done in a few hours more work so hopefully, all working fine, could have it all finished by end of this weekend, assuming all the changes I have made to the system all perform as should.

I'll therefore leave posting updates until project is done as project is in closing stages of manufacture.
I am the Bacman
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Oh, Bac is back.
I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pictures. Best wishes.
bacteria
Next-Gen

Post by bacteria »

Yes, i'm back!

After this project is over, if Rick has more systems to make i'll do them, otherwise have someone else who might want an N64 in GBA Organiser case, if he still wants to proceed.

Promised my wife though i'd not start a new commission system until January, no issue though! ;o) I can always build an HDMI native RGB output Atari 7800 system, which I intend to sell (as a one-off project) in meantime if wish to; otherwise i'll do that in the first months of next year - to my knowledge it will be the only one ever made.
I am the Bacman
bacteria
Next-Gen

Post by bacteria »

Only got a small amount of things remaining, about an hour's modding work and that should be it.

Photo of the internals:

I am the Bacman
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

bacteria wrote:Father in law has been getting a lot worse, in intensive care at the hospital yesterday morning, by midday his lungs, heart and kidneys were failing; today he died. Fuck. My wife is spending a few days with her mother.

At least he died while heavily sedated.

Only just now read this. My condolences.

My mom passed away on the 17th of October. As was the case with your father in law, she too was heavily sedated at the time. Again, as was in your case, multiple organ failure. The end-stage of a combination of colon cancer and a very aggressive form of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

They are in a better place.

bacteria wrote:I can always build an HDMI native RGB output Atari 7800 system, which I intend to sell (as a one-off project) in meantime if wish to; otherwise i'll do that in the first months of next year - to my knowledge it will be the only one ever made.

Nice! I'll keep an eye out.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

bacteria wrote:Only got a small amount of things remaining, about an hour's modding work and that should be it.

Photo of the internals:

How cool!
bacteria
Next-Gen

Post by bacteria »

Finished project yesterday, will make video at the weekend and upload it.

I have another commission by the looks of it for someone else in the UK which i'll start in January for N64 system in similar casing, assuming he proceeds with deposit for the commission as indicated.
I am the Bacman