Wii Softmod 2016

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Wii Softmod 2016

Post by fastbilly1 »

So I backed everything up and ran wfbs2fat on the drive. Took about 30 minutes and boom, fat32. Fired it up on a Wii and everything worked fine. So I transferred over a large amount of cube games and havent touched it since. Holiday and all. Sunday Ill give Cube games a go. I am also going to throw on the important Sega CD games. I mean technically I could run every rom off the harddrive, but thats too much work to sort thru when you want a game to play.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Hey guys, Anybody having trouble with the Homebrew browser? I haven't been able to download a single application from this source. It keeps crashing on my wii. I followed the guide that s8n posted on the first page of this thread. I am running version 0.3.9e of the homebrew browser.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

samsonlonghair wrote:Hey guys, Anybody having trouble with the Homebrew browser? I haven't been able to download a single application from this source. It keeps crashing on my wii. I followed the guide that s8n posted on the first page of this thread. I am running version 0.3.9e of the homebrew browser.

Nothing downloads from there for me either. I just download everything and put it directly in the apps folder on the SD card
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Any suggestions on getting the Wii to read both USB ports. No matter what I try it only reads one. To get the first USB stick to be read I updated cIOSs as suggested by Sarge
Sarge wrote:This looks similar to the guide I used to set mine up. Basically, you need a few more cIOSs installed to run Wii backups.

https://sites.google.com/site/completes ... stallation

Any idea on how to get both ports running? Do I need another cIOSs?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

SpaceBooger wrote:Any suggestions on getting the Wii to read both USB ports. No matter what I try it only reads one. To get the first USB stick to be read I updated cIOSs as suggested by Sarge
Sarge wrote:This looks similar to the guide I used to set mine up. Basically, you need a few more cIOSs installed to run Wii backups.

Take a look at this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader- ... ts.365916/

I think there's some good info there.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

samsonlonghair wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:Any suggestions on getting the Wii to read both USB ports. No matter what I try it only reads one. To get the first USB stick to be read I updated cIOSs as suggested by Sarge

Take a look at this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader- ... ts.365916/

I think there's some good info there.

That was the resource I was using.. I did see something I didn't notice before. I'm going to reformat to make sure my USB sticks are both formatted the same. Ill keep you posted.
BLOG | BST
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Ok I can not seem to figure this out.
I have both ports working, if I put one USB stick in either port it will recognize it. If I have two USB sticks in both ports it only recognizes the one near the edge of the Wii.
So I have it recognizing both, but only loading games from the one.
BLOG | BST
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Mine does the same thing. You can enable both in USB Loader GX, but you have to swap back and forth between them if memory serves. I always make sure all my emulator stuff is on the one that the OS reads by default, and leave the other stick for ISOs only.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

So I bought a "TTX Tech Super Famicom Style Controller Limited Edition for Wii"
Knowing that 3rd party classic controllers did not work with homebrew (mainly the SNES emulator), but I took a chance.... and it does not work.
The controller is not as bad as the reviews say. It feels great and the only real drawback, other than not working with the emulators, is that the D-Pad is mapped to the analog stick of the classic controller. So accuracy in VC games can be a slight issue.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for 3rd party controller support? I have updated every emulator to the newest version but that didn't work. I would love to use this controller for games other than Virtual Console.
BLOG | BST