Total control 5 Dreamcast

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
fredthezombie
24-bit

Total control 5 Dreamcast

Post by fredthezombie »

Hi I am trying to usb an optical mouse with my total control 5, but with no luck. Does it only work with roller ball mice? Does anyone have experience with this product?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Total control 5 Dreamcast

Post by CRTGAMER »

fredthezombie wrote:Hi I am trying to usb an optical mouse with my total control 5, but with no luck. Does it only work with roller ball mice? Does anyone have experience with this product?

I have this as well as the SmartJoy Frag for the XBox and PS2. All do not work with a USB to PS/2 adapter. However, there are Optical Mice with a PS/2 connector to direct plug into the Total Control 5 that work just fine.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

fredthezombie
24-bit

Post by fredthezombie »

CRTGAMER wrote:
fredthezombie wrote:Hi I am trying to usb an optical mouse with my total control 5, but with no luck. Does it only work with roller ball mice? Does anyone have experience with this product?

I have this as well as the SmartJoy Frag for the XBox and PS2. All do not work with a USB to PS/2 adapter. However, there are Optical Mice with a PS/2 connector to direct plug into the Total Control 5 that work just fine.

Thanks for the response! Hmm, I got it to work with one of the old school rollerball mice but had no luck with my optical ps/2 mouse, guess I'll keep looking.
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

fredthezombie wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:

Thanks for the response! Hmm, I got it to work with one of the old school rollerball mice but had no luck with my optical ps/2 mouse, guess I'll keep looking.

maybe an optical mouse needs power? you might need to build something or perhaps there are pc hardware converters to us optical mice on old pc's.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389