psp slim cfw

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
rscaramelo
8-bit

psp slim cfw

Post by rscaramelo »

I've installed CFW on an original PSP that had 1.5 but now I'm looking to do this to a slim with the latest updates. Can anyone point towards to easiest way to do this?

thanks

RC
droorz77
16-bit

Post by droorz77 »

Check out www.psp-hacks.com. They have the information you'll need there.

Good Luck,

Adam S.
rscaramelo
8-bit

Post by rscaramelo »

Thanks but I'm still pretty confused. The phat was a easy since it was 1.50 to begin with. The slim has the latest updates on it. Reading up on putting the CFW on the slim make's me feel like I'm reading Greek. Do I need to get a Pandora? Can I take some kind of shortcut since I have a CFW Phatty? Can anyone tell me how to exactly get CFW on the slim if it's even possible?

thanks

RC
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Well the safest way to do it is with a Pandora battery. Go get a plain psp battery from ebay or somewhere. Use your psp fatty to make the battery into a pandora and then go from there.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
rscaramelo
8-bit

Post by rscaramelo »

Wasn't there some site where a service was offered? Basically send in your psp and a volunteer mods it.

RC
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

go ahead and do it yourself. Go with the pandora option using you phatty battery. There are some easier pandora installations out there, I recommend Pandora's GUI because it has step by step instructions and comes with everything you need. Be sure to read a lot for a few days, there are hundreds of tutorials but they essentially go the same route (psp-hacks.com or pspmod.com)

Even if you do something wrong the pandora can bring it back. And after you complete the installation you can reverse to a normal battery, just be sure to back it up first with the tools provided in the package.
Saraph
64-bit

Post by Saraph »

Well, you have two option. Send it to me and I'll do it, or I can walk you through the process on AIM.