Need help with Softmod of PS2

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Sano
Next-Gen

Need help with Softmod of PS2

Post by Sano »

So, I got the Action Replay and it doesn't have the media player function for some reason.

First I would like to ask if the Action Replay can be updated to have that media player function. If not, can someone point me in the direction of an AR that has the media player.

Second, I tried simply doing a disc swap for the hell of it; and of course it didn't work.

I should mention that its a slim model PS2. That is probably the problem.

I am at a loss... any input on this would help greatly!
hobbes_182
8-bit

Re: Need help with Softmod of PS2

Post by hobbes_182 »

I was successful using the Action Replay MAX

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Actio ... B0002V2AXM

[It's the AR that also lets you Play Sega Mega Drive Roms]

Quick Note: AR does not work well with all USB Thumb Drives. Since I lost my AR original I had to try 3 different Thumb Drives before I could get the Media Player to recognize the softmod file. [I was successful with a Kingston Drive]

Good Luck!
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

At this point I really think the cheapest/easiest way to get your PS2 softmodded is to either find someone locally who can do a FMCB install for you or just mail a memory card to someone who can. I mean, go go gadget drive to do it yourself, but you end up spending more on the AR than you would on postage and a couple padded envelopes :D
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Thanks for the information and suggestions! :D
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

There are plenty of people, myself included, who will do the install for free if you cover shipping the memory card both ways.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.