a difficult question concerning a laptop lcd screen.

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
cloudrat7
32-bit

a difficult question concerning a laptop lcd screen.

Post by cloudrat7 »

i have a junk laptop with a functioning screen, it doesn't have a harddrive or anything, not even a cd drive, i want to know if anyone out there is familiar with making use of a lcd screen, possibly to mod it to a usefull stand alone. i've seen some stuff out there, i'm currently looking for any idea, even hooking it up to a game system, i've seen that somewhere too...it'll be a shame for me to just throw it out..
http://www.artwanted.com/cloudrat7
Sega master system, Sega genesis, Sega saturn(mod), Dreamcast, Nes, Super nes, Turbografx-16, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube, X-box 360.
diehllane
32-bit

Post by diehllane »

You could take it out and the VGA port if the laptop has one... Wire them together and have it for use as an LCD screen for practically whatever you'd like.

I'm sure you could easily find specs online for that little project. Most you'd need is to solder a bit.
Funk, E
128-bit

Post by Funk, E »

You can also build a kickass projection screen with an old LCD screen.
cloudrat7
32-bit

Post by cloudrat7 »

man i really want to do this thing, lol. can someone hook me up with some links?
http://www.artwanted.com/cloudrat7
Sega master system, Sega genesis, Sega saturn(mod), Dreamcast, Nes, Super nes, Turbografx-16, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube, X-box 360.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Unfortunately, the LCD controller board (not the controller for the inverter, but the actual display processing) is probably actually on the mobo of that laptop. So unless you are truly 1337 you will likely not be able to do much with it. If you are 1337, however, go to town.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.