Need someone w/ art skills to help me w/ an arcade stick.

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Need someone w/ art skills to help me w/ an arcade stick.

Post by noiseredux »

Hey dudes, I've got a MadCatz 360 fight stick that has had some work done to it. It used to be an ugly wrestling one like this:

But mjmjr25 stripped the art for me and upgraded the buttons and balltop for me.

Now I need some help with art. I know there's templates out there so you can print out new artwork for these MadCatz sticks. And I know there's some way to print it on like glossy sticker paper or something?

So basically, I'm looking for someone to do that for me and send me the nice printed sticker so alls I'll have to do is slap it on.

I was planning either something Deathsmiles as it's my favorite shmup of this gen, or the more obvious Morrigan artwork. Probably Morrigan makes more sense for me. I have no particular art in mind, so basically I just am looking for something that will look awesome considering the layout of the hardware.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Need someone w/ art skills to help me w/ an arcade stick

Post by jay_red »

I cant help you with the design, but once you get the artwork, take it to your local Fedex Office (Kinkos) Have them print it out, and then have it "Lami-Labled" This is like a normal lamination, but it has an adhesive back to stick it to the arcade stick. This should only cost you around 5 bucks to do.

Source:
I work there, and have done the same thing for my own sticks.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah I knew there were such services out there... was hoping someone who's had experience could do it for me (IE: cutting holes for buttons and all) as arts-n-crafts is not my strong suit :lol:
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

noiseredux wrote:yeah I knew there were such services out there... was hoping someone who's had experience could do it for me (IE: cutting holes for buttons and all) as arts-n-crafts is not my strong suit :lol:

The best part about cutting out the buttons, is that it does not matter if its clean or not, because the rim of the button will cover the hole completely.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that is a good point. I assume Staples does the same thing (no Kinkos near me). Uh. Now to find art. So... the hard part.

EDIT, wait what about the part around the little control box in the upper left? That's gotta be cut correctly.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

You should do this to it:
http://www.d3vlicious.com/arcade-stick- ... ss-te.html

Or just look through his other art for one that is your style.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

fastbilly1 wrote:You should do this to it:
http://www.d3vlicious.com/arcade-stick- ... ss-te.html

Or just look through his other art for one that is your style.

That looks like a great source to get the template. Artwork copy pasted from various Google Image searches should make it easy. As jay mentioned, take the file on a Mem Stick to Kinkos for the clean printout.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

see? I don't even know how you did that CRT. Graphics/visual stuff is just not my forte.

Is that the correct template for my particular stick? That site had lots of different sticks, and it wasn't always obvious which ones were which.

But yeah, I'm looking for a cool Morrigan pic - you have the right idea.

Also, regarding Kinko's/etc... don't they refuse to print copyrighted material?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:see? I don't even know how you did that CRT. Graphics/visual stuff is just not my forte.

Also, regarding Kinko's/etc... don't they refuse to print copyrighted material?

Not mine found thru Google Images. None of it is official so you should be fine, I doubt if Kinkos would even recognize it. Just pull your own images together for a custom look, throw in highlight rings with the circle command off your paint program for the buttons if you like.

Try here: http://darkstalkersgroup.deviantart.com/gallery/33698984
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CRTGAMER wrote:Just pull your own images together for a custom look, throw in highlight rings with the circle command off your paint program for the buttons if you like.

yeah. This is the stuff I have no talent with. If anyone can help me out, let me know. Thanks!