Dreamcast: Removing a decal?

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
StevieC
8-bit

Dreamcast: Removing a decal?

Post by StevieC »

I have a Sega Dreamcast and am looking for a way to remove the Windows CE logo from the right hand side of the front panel. This may seem strange but I consider that decal an eyesore and do not want it on my Dreamcast. Can someone offer me some advice on how to do it?
SnowKitty
Next-Gen

Post by SnowKitty »

try a Mr. clean magic eraser, it might work... it gets marker and all other kinds of crap off consoles so i dont see why it wouldnt take that off witha bit of scrubbing.
need console mods or repairs? check my thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37236
SiW
8-bit

Post by SiW »

It's not really a decal though is it? I just looked at our Sega Sports edition and I'd guess the only way to remove it would be with some very carefuly sandpapering.. I'd just leave it.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

It's paint I think, and after all these years (unless you bought one of those ones from Japan a year ago) Im pretty sure it would have become indellibly bonded with the plastic, so youd probably end up having to sand off the entire front face of the DC a little so it's removal wouldnt stick out :s
abeisgreat
128-bit

Post by abeisgreat »

I think your stuck, you could do what i did and paint the console then its not noticable
Beep beep Beep
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I painted my DC completely black. Looks much better and fits in with the rest of my consoles (which are mostly black). Definately can't see the windows ce logo on mine! hehe.
StevieC
8-bit

You see,

Post by StevieC »

I want the WinCE (note what word it spells when abbreviated) logo removed BUT I want the SEGA decal to stay. If I were made of money I'd be buying a limited edition Super-Black DreamCast and using black vinyl dye to cover up the WinCE decal. I wonder if Goo-Gone would get that decal off...?
marurun

Post by marurun »

I don't think it's a decal. I think its silk-screened paint or something. The only way to get rid of it is going to involve damaging the plastic finish of the Dreamcast or painting over it.

There is no other way I know of.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
The Apprentice
128-bit

Post by The Apprentice »

Yes. it's paint. DO NOT USE CHEMICAL SOLVENTS TO REMOVE IT. just trust me, game system + nail polish remover = horrid blotches of greyish mess.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
SnowKitty
Next-Gen

Post by SnowKitty »

The Apprentice wrote:Yes. it's paint. DO NOT USE CHEMICAL SOLVENTS TO REMOVE IT. just trust me, game system + nail polish remover = horrid blotches of greyish mess.

what about 91% rubbing alcohol: it stripped the red painted on nintendo ogo off the cart flap XD didnt seem to damage the plastic though.
need console mods or repairs? check my thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37236