Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Adderall
32-bit

by Adderall Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:49 am

dudex77 wrote:I'm sure in the future when plug and play systems have really developed we will be buying wire less Dreamcast controllers with 40 games stored in solid state flash cards in the controller

I'm pretty sure robots will rule the earth by that time. maybe they can help us with the BIOS.
dudex77
32-bit

by dudex77 Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:57 am

Adderall wrote:
dudex77 wrote:I'm sure in the future when plug and play systems have really developed we will be buying wire less Dreamcast controllers with 40 games stored in solid state flash cards in the controller

I'm pretty sure robots will rule the earth by that time. maybe they can help us with the BIOS.
Come on why not? We have genesis plug n plays and snes is the next step. Hell, Japan had a plug n play N64. Why wouldn't their be a plug n play DC in say 10-15 years when we all have working virtual reality helmets?
ubelaffe
64-bit

by ubelaffe Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:01 pm

you make a valid point.
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:03 pm

dudex77 wrote: Hell, Japan had a plug n play N64.

I thought the N64 plug and play was sold only in China.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
dudex77
32-bit

by dudex77 Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Droid party wrote:
dudex77 wrote: Hell, Japan had a plug n play N64.

I thought the N64 plug and play was sold only in China.
Meh, you're probably right. I don't live anywhere near either.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:33 pm

yeah, it's possible. In theory.

A hard drive on the DC has been accomplished, there was ability to read and right to it (very slowly) through a modified kernel of linux. Getting the thing to load games off of it is a whole other issue.

the money for which is just way to much. I wouldn't bet this will be coming any time in the future...

unless you become a millionaire and finance a room full of computer engineers to build it and then mass produce it and release it illegally to the public!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
mason
32-bit

by mason Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:33 am

how did you know my plan?
Caboose
24-bit

by Caboose Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:51 pm

lordofduct wrote:yeah, it's possible. In theory.

A hard drive on the DC has been accomplished, there was ability to read and right to it (very slowly) through a modified kernel of linux. Getting the thing to load games off of it is a whole other issue.

the money for which is just way to much. I wouldn't bet this will be coming any time in the future...

unless you become a millionaire and finance a room full of computer engineers to build it and then mass produce it and release it illegally to the public!

Here's the web page for anyone interested. It's pretty cool, but there is so much work involved and it really isn't practical.
Return to Hacks and Mods