Tron64 Custom Nintendo 64

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Tron64 Custom Nintendo 64

Post by ninjainspandex »

Having a little modjob done on my beloved Nintendo 64 by a guy from Retro Repair Tips on facebook, the same guy who made Nathan J Barnatts GBA in an orginal Gameboy mod. Thought I would share pics of the progress thus far. Would love to hear your guys input.

So it begins

RGB engaged ;)

White is such a nice futuristic clean color

Now lets add the EL wire

Now lets get crazy with it

The finished product
Last edited by ninjainspandex on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Tron64

Post by emwearz »

While it looks cool, wouldn't the controller becoming pretty annoying to hold with glow wire?
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

It's really not that bright, here is it completed with a gamecube style joystick

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

ninjainspandex wrote:
emwearz wrote:While it looks cool, wouldn't the controller becoming pretty annoying to hold with glow wire?
It's really not that bright.

I think emwearz was alluding to the ridge of that flexible lightbar, might get uncomfortable after a while. Does it get warm after playing with a few hours? The mod looks great on the console though, nice job!

Maybe the light bar might be useful countersunk in a Dreamcast controller memory slot to light up the VMU Stats Screen as long as it is away from the hand grips? :idea:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Id say get a dremel and put the light cable in the countours of the controler. sunken in to not affect comfort so much.

Or get a clearish controler and put it on the inside.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Looks like Cody from Retro Repair Tips from facebook is all done with my project :D I must say it looks gorgeous and I can't wait to recieve it.
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

This almost makes me want an N64
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Tron64 Custom Nintendo 64

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Not gonna lie....I'm jealous. Tron is one of my all time favorite universes and the Nintendo 64 is one of the few systems I keep out and still use....oh man. Mind asking me how much it cost you? If not...no big deal.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Tron64 Custom Nintendo 64

Post by ninjainspandex »

With shipping it was like $160 I supplied the console.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

CRTGAMER wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:
emwearz wrote:While it looks cool, wouldn't the controller becoming pretty annoying to hold with glow wire?
It's really not that bright.

I think emwearz was alluding to the ridge of that flexible lightbar, might get uncomfortable after a while

Oh CRT, you can read me like a book :oops: