Discuss all hardware and software modifications
diehllane
32-bit

External IDE HDD for PS2

by diehllane Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:38 pm

I am using a memory card exploit with HDLoader on my PS2. Currently, I am running my harddrive internally on the PS2. I bent a few of the pins, so I decided I would set up my laptop to transfer games to the PS2 over HDL Dumb/p so as not to make the problem worse. Unfortunately, HDL Dumb/p only recognizes 128 GB of space on a HDD. Also, I can't extract images over the network.

I want to run my HDD in a rack on top of my PS2 so I can just pull it out and put it in my computer without having to disconnect the HDD every time I want to add or remove games.

http://ps2-scene.org/forums/ide-hdd-dis ... dbang.html

He did what I want, except he put his in an external case, I just want to put mine in a harddrive rack. He had to hack his network adapter a bit (I know I'll have to do the same).

http://cablesonline.stores.yahoo.net/2440pinidedi.html

That's a cable I can get to run outside through the bottom of the network adapter once I hack the network adapter and make some room for it.

As for a power cabe extender, I think that will be something I can grab at a local computer store if I ask.

Anyone have any idea for another way to go about this? Just out of curiousity... I want to see if there's an option I didn't come up with or didn't know about.

Thanks.
Droid party
Next-Gen

by Droid party Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Sorry mate, wish I could help but it looks like no one can.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
diehllane
32-bit

by diehllane Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:51 pm

No problem. My friend is doing it first. I'm pretty confident it will work, I just wanted to see if anyone out there knew of another way about it. I don't like hacking if I don't have to, luckily it's only a $15 ethernet adaptor I'll be hacking.
elph
32-bit

by elph Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:19 am

If you have a place to get one of those for $15, PLEASE share.
diehllane
32-bit

by diehllane Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:53 am

I live in a decent-sized city and pawn shops tend to sell them for $15.

I got mine at Games Underground (local store, closing soon apparently :( ) for $14.99. I don't see any listed on their website, but i never have. They just always had 1 or 2 in stock when I went there. With the store closing after Thanksgiving, I guess I should go there again.
Return to Hacks and Mods