Thing(s) to do with a broked Saturn?

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Thing(s) to do with a broked Saturn?

Post by GSZX1337 »

Well, a while ago I ordered a Saturn and it turned out to be a dud. The console would power up, but it wouldn't read any discs (I guess the drive is dead/bad). Anyway, I ordered another one for $60 US (it came with all the cords, a controller, and 10 games). Now I have this broked Saturn. Is there anything I can do with it? Are Sega Saturn drives a good price?

Also, does anyone know where I can get one of those cool plastic cases that Robb Webb has here?
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

if it's a round button model2 saturn with a 64pin IC, i have one with a fried motherboard, I know that the CD drive is good, i just screwed up the region mod and stuck the console in some experimental region that wont even let you use an action replay. either i could sell you the cd drive or you could sell me your motherboard if you're interisted.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I know it's a round buttoned (model 2) Saturn, but how can I tel if it's 64 pin?
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

if reference to the clear case question:

that's a special edition model. In Japan the Sega Saturn got all kinds of different models, some of which were manufactured by non-Sega companies (hitachi, Victor aka JVC)... mainly because they were the ones who made some of the parts in the Saturn.

Because it's one of the rarer versions, it catches a hefty price. As you can tell from the 139 quid (nearly 280 US dollar) price tag there at RobbWebb.

if you REALLY want to see expensive though, check out the hi-Saturn, it has a LCD display and built in GPS. Now that thing gets uber expensive.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

lordofduct wrote:that's a special edition model.

Damn, there goes my solution to my dilemma.

if you REALLY want to see expensive though, check out the hi-Saturn, it has a LCD display and built in GPS. Now that thing gets uber expensive.
Holy shit.
*dies from heart attack*
ducktapevoodoo
16-bit

Post by ducktapevoodoo »

if it has the round buttons i dont believe the drive matters just that the ribbon cable fits

i took a 64 pin cdrom out of my japanese saturn and put a 32 pin in from my fried us saturn so it would work with the modchip

in conclusion i have an extra cd drive somone could have if they pay shipping
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

ducktapevoodoo wrote:if it has the round buttons i dont believe the drive matters just that the ribbon cable fits

i took a 64 pin cdrom out of my japanese saturn and put a 32 pin in from my fried us saturn so it would work with the modchip

in conclusion i have an extra cd drive somone could have if they pay shipping

I'll take it, just tell me how much it is. It does work right? ;)
ducktapevoodoo
16-bit

Post by ducktapevoodoo »

it works

i will stop by the post office today and get a postage amount for ya
dudex77
32-bit

Post by dudex77 »

I have a broken saturn aswell and if I get another DC I might stick it in the saturn case for the hell of it.
marurun

Post by marurun »

This topic would work well as a counterpart to "What do you do with a drunken sailor."
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.