Discuss all hardware and software modifications
TheGMan
8-bit

Mod Chip Install - Success!

by TheGMan Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:31 am

I ordered a mod chip from racketboy last week and recieved it today. I installed the chip just a few hours ago on my 64-pin model 2. No issues whatsoever, the install was incredibly easy, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks racketboy! :D

I started it with a backup of Dracula X, but it failed to load (Game disk unsuitable). I don't know why it didn't work, I patched the region with SRP and corrected the bad sectors with CDmage. I next tried Die Hard Arcade (US) and it worked fine. Both disks were burnt with the same program, so I'm not sure what the problem is with Dracula X. Anyone ran into the same issue? The cue/bin I'm using plays in SSF & Cassini.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:21 am

Wow -- congrats -- especially since it's a 64-pinner!
Hope you have years of enjoyment from it :)
Leaf
8-bit

by Leaf Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:27 am

Haha nice one. I'm not brave enough to install a mod chip.

I trust you'll be playing Panzer Dragoon Saga?
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (DS), Shenmue (Dreamcast), Dragon Warrior VII (PS1).
Kagi
8-bit

by Kagi Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:29 am

I was also able to mod my model 2 64 pin Saturn(just got the mod chip from racketboy two days ago spent all day yesterday playing Panzer Dragoon RPG). And SRP worked fine for Radiant Silvergun... I'll try Dracula X when I get home today. But maybe those bad sectors weren't properly corrected by CDmage.
TheGMan
8-bit

by TheGMan Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:46 pm

Oh yeah, I'll definitely be playing Panzer Dragoon Saga. Now I can go back and play all those games I missed out on years ago. The only thing that sucks is that I can't find a good place to download Radiant Silvergun (I've found U-G rarely has anyone seeding it). But I'm quite content at the moment, until I get my Action Replay and S-video cable.

I never could figure out the problem with Dracula X, I went back and checked the cue file for bad sectors and none were found. I played the patched cue/bin in Cassini with the US region selected. So far the US games are working fine, so I'm not stressing on it.
Return to Hacks and Mods