Discuss all hardware and software modifications
firemaker103
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm

Jet Grind Radio: Future

by firemaker103 Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:46 pm

No, the title is not a typo. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in me putting JSRF soundtrack into Jet Grind Radio and uploading it to UG? I would think the music might clash with JGR style, etc., but, eh. Also, if someone already did this, tell me. It would save me a lot of trouble putting this thing together. ;)

Thanks.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9461
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Jet Grind Radio: Future

by racketboy Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:49 pm

firemaker103 wrote:No, the title is not a typo. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in me putting JSRF soundtrack into Jet Grind Radio and uploading it to UG? I would think the music might clash with JGR style, etc., but, eh. Also, if someone already did this, tell me. It would save me a lot of trouble putting this thing together. ;)

Thanks.


I'm not sure if that game has to proper format to allow music switching....
firemaker103
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm

by firemaker103 Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:58 pm

Wouldn't renaming the converted adx's to the original name and replacing the original files work? Instead of Funky Radio (FUNK_M.ADX), I would use Concept of Love and use FUNK_M.ADX.
User avatar
Mozgus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6628
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

by Mozgus Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:25 pm

It's been years since I checked, but I think JGR on Dreamcast didn't use just strait up ADX streamed singular song files. They were segmented in some way which allowed the dynamic transitions you often hear in the later stages. The game liked to mix and match tracks halfway to keep the stages fresh.

However, the pirated version did have the music mono-ized, so I know the music is in some type of streamed format.
firemaker103
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm

by firemaker103 Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:27 pm

Mozgus wrote:It's been years since I checked, but I think JGR on Dreamcast didn't use just strait up ADX streamed singular song files. They were segmented in some way which allowed the dynamic transitions you often hear in the later stages. The game liked to mix and match tracks halfway to keep the stages fresh.

However, the pirated version did have the music mono-ized, so I know the music is in some type of streamed format.


Yes, they are.
User avatar
Mozgus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6628
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

by Mozgus Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:32 pm

firemaker103 wrote:
Mozgus wrote:It's been years since I checked, but I think JGR on Dreamcast didn't use just strait up ADX streamed singular song files. They were segmented in some way which allowed the dynamic transitions you often hear in the later stages. The game liked to mix and match tracks halfway to keep the stages fresh.

However, the pirated version did have the music mono-ized, so I know the music is in some type of streamed format.


Yes, they are.

Take a screenshot of the file structure, would you? I don't have a pirated version to check out since I own 2 real copies, and I dont have access to my GDI backups of them right now. I just want to see how the music is stored.
firemaker103
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm

by firemaker103 Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:59 pm

Image

Okay, most are split up into three regular parts, e.g "foo_M#.ADX", and a varying amount of other parts for each song. A small amount of songs have just one file."foo_sj1.adx" and "sj1_foo.adx" are transitions of 5 seconds into each song.

Yes, there are 328 files, but around 40 percent or less don't have to be changed. Also, to make each song fit, the new songs have to mono-ized, too.
User avatar
Mozgus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6628
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

by Mozgus Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:47 pm

Ok so I was half right. That's quite a task you setup for yourself. Just remember to keep track of which tracks are looped, and make sure your same replacements loop. After that, you should try Street Fighter 3 TS. It has 3 songs per stage. Not as complicated as JGR, but quite a task all the same, especially if you're going to be using lengthy songs for each stage, and split them into thirds in a nice clean fashion.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9461
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:52 pm

firemaker103 wrote:Wouldn't renaming the converted adx's to the original name and replacing the original files work? Instead of Funky Radio (FUNK_M.ADX), I would use Concept of Love and use FUNK_M.ADX.


Concept of Love is awesome, BTW :)
However, it would feel weird having it in JGR...
firemaker103
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm

by firemaker103 Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:39 pm

After I finally got around to fully convert Concept of Love i.e transitions, etc., I decided to test it out and ... the CD wouldn't boot correctly. :cry:

Now I'm not sure I ripped the game correctly. The folders DPMODEL and JETADX are empty. I just copied the files straight off of the CD... :roll:

Is there a different way to rip the files? Or should I just settle releasing all of the ADXs?
Return to Hacks and Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests