Discuss all hardware and software modifications
emilles

Sanyo Saturn mod chip help

by emilles Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:48 am

I got the mod chip from racketboy yesterday, determined I have a Sanyo model 2 saturn and put the chip in according to the instructions. My "modded" saturn still plays original games. However, burned games don't seem to do anything but go the the CD player.

Is there something specific I should look at doing differently? The troubleshooting guides didn't seem to cover my case where original games are working fine with the chip installed but CD-Rs are not working. I'm not sure what to do next...
marurun

by marurun Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Well, if the burned games are for a different region and aren't region patched they won't work. The mod chip only mods for CD-R. The region thing requires a separate modification. I'm not going to say that IS your problem, but it might be. For example, if your Sat is a JPN model and all the games you're trying are US games with region set to US, they won't work. You'd have to use the Saturn region patcher to patch them to JPN region and burn them again.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
emilles

by emilles Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:48 pm

That can't be it because I burned on US and one JP game to see to what extent the mod chip would work. Neither burned game is working. Also, one correction to my original remarks: not all of my original games are working. For example, Virtua Fighter Remix and Magic Carpet work fine. But Astal and Christmas Nights are not working. They go to the CD player screen as well.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

by Pullmyfinger Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:34 pm

What method did you use? AB?
Return to Hacks and Mods